Author Topic: Mitel Embedded Voicemail options ?  (Read 5040 times)

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
Mitel Embedded Voicemail options ?
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
Mitel 3300 MXe  Rel 4.2 / 10.2  embedded voicemail

I have a user that needs 2 separate voicemails, they have one associated with their DN.

Can I make a voice mail box without a DN associated to it ?  I can't seem to make it work, but maybe I need some option enabled ? 

OR

they are directed to the persons extension with a voicemail that says i.e.  "Press 1 for purchasing or 2 for finance"    or something similar?

Thanks very much.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Embedded Voicemail options ?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »
You clould make 2 Transfer Only mailboxes 1 and 2. Make the extensions for 1 and 2 be the 2 users you want callers ti get when they press 1 and 2 from the auto attendant. A greeting will need to be made for this as well. If I missed something someone else please add to this. Thanks.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »
Question:
How do callers get to the second mailbox?
Is it one DN split to option 1 and 2 or two DNs to a single mailbox?

Offline jrg0852

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
Well in my scenario callers would hit the auto attendant then the greeting (which would need to be recorded) will tell them something like:

"Thank you for calling so and so company. If you know your parties ext. you can dial it at any time. For a company dir. press 9. For so and so dept., press 1. For so and so dept., press 2. Thank you and have a good day."

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
I can see I did not have enough details for my scenario.  Sorry about that.

User1 phone is 1 of 3 users set up as a key system for the (i.e med records dept). There is a DID assigned w/voicemail so any of them can pick up the messages.

But, User1 does scheduling in the afternoons. They don't want people calling User1 back about appointments and leaving messages mixed in with Med recs stuff.

They also don't want to give User1 their own DID & voicemail.  And they don't want to create a DN just User1 can have a voicemail. 

But if people could call back to the switchboard and just be transfered to a voicemail, which then just User1 can pick up, would work.

I hope this explains it better ?

Thanks !

Offline jrg0852

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
OK. How about this? Even though User1 doesn't have a DID, they do have an internal ext., being the DN of their phone. Can you put a mailbox on it and have reception transfer calls for User1 to their DN, which now has a mailbox? Sorry if I missed something. Maybe that is too easy of a fix and probably not what you are looking for.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
How to the scheduling calls get to user 1 in the afternoons?

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 07:15:16 PM »
If I understand this correctly:
There is a DID number for a Department that rings key line appearances on multiple phones and goes to it's own mailbox and you have secondary message waiting keys on the phones to indicate unplayed messages.

Every phone on the system must have a Primary Directory Number (PDN) and you can create a mailbox for that DN in the voicemail.
Set up as extension type and reroute or forward the phone of User1 to the voicemail system.
When a call comes to the switchboard it can be transferred to the PDN of User1 and it will go to the mailbox of User1 with the main message waiting indicator that is specific to that mailbox.

To display the PDN of a phone: press the Superkey and then the Intercom key (bottom left). Press the X cancel key to exit.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »
Let me rephrase my question. When user 1 gets the calls for scheduling in the afternoons are they ringing the prime, the same hunt/key system as the med records or another key that differentiates those calls?

Offline jrg0852

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »
I think johnkeri took what I was saying and elaborated on it, making it clearer, and that sounds like the answer.

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
I think between John and Jrg you are right, the solution is too simple and I believe it will work just fine.

For Matt, there are others who answer the scheduling calls in the afternoon and User1 just ignores those calls then.

There is a lot more complex key system / hunt group / multiline groups etc going on here that I am not familiar with yet, which was blinding me from this simple solution.

Thanks again all !

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10