Author Topic: Lost off node IP connection  (Read 2033 times)

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Lost off node IP connection
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »
Hey all!

I have two nodes that are networked between albany and charlotte. I had the telco in charlotte add an enhanced caller id service which they needed to replace equipment to achieve. They had to take the pri down momentarily which I am guessing made the 5000 reboot (based on log files). Now that the system is back up I have lost connectivity to the node in albany. The vpn between locations is fine as I am in session manager for charlotte right now. I am unable to add the remote node ip connection (P6000) in charlotte's system. It doesn't even appear in the drop down box when using the networking wizard. Any thoughts??

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lost off node IP connection
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
drumster34,

Were the two systems networked together and working prior to the PRI going down? If so the only reason that you would need to add and IP Connection would be if the database was corrupted or not backed up properly before it reset.

Remember that the IP Connections have to be Unique and by default they all start as P6000 and P6001. As a good practice it is best to change them so that Node 1 is P6001 and its secondary Card is P6111. Then Node 2 would be P6002 and P6222. That ensures that you won't get conflicts associated with them not having unique IDs.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lost off node IP connection
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:14:36 PM »
Taking down a PRI will not cause the system to reboot. Constant T1 errors over an extended period of time would cause an Axxess to reboot, but I've never seen it on a 5000, especially for the short period of time you mentioned.

P6000 isn't on the drop down list because the system knows that it's already been used. Does the remote node still appear in programming?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10