Author Topic: What is the Conference Assistant extension number?  (Read 7485 times)

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
What is the Conference Assistant extension number?
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:32:25 AM »
Hey all,

I'm looking at setting up Meet-Me Conferencing on our phone systems, but I can't figure out how to actually join a Conference.

The docs say that
if the Meet-Me Conferencing feature is not licensed for your system, the Conferences tab is not shown.
Therefore I assume our licensing (before my time) is correct. To test I've logged in and added a conference, and then ensured that it is visible through DB Programming (System -> Conference-Related Information -> Meet-Me Conferencing -> Conferences).

The docs note that to join a Meet-Me Conference you should
Dial (or ask to be transferred to) the Conference Assistant extension number. (See your administrator if you do not know the extension number.)

Unfortunately I am the admin and I have no idea! So does anyone know what extension I should dial for the Conference Assistant (or where I would go to set it up)? I aim to test it internally initially, and then I assume I can assign a DDI to that extension to allow outside callers to join once the feature is fully operational.

Thanks,
David

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: What is the Conference Assistant extension number?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
System-> Devices & Feature Codes -> Assistants (I think, I don't have access to a newer 5000 at the moment)

You add a new Conference Assistant and assign it an extension like anything else, after that you can route to it from the Call Routing Table, dial it, adding an option to a AA/CRA, or about any other way.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:10:25 AM »
Has this system been upgraded from older software?  Older versions did not offer Meet Me, and if you upgraded from one without it there was a license charge to add.  Check SOFTWARE LICENSE tab  in left pane, see if MEET ME CONFERENCING says YES

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »
System-> Devices & Feature Codes -> Assistants

Bingo, that's what I was looking for.

I'm all good from there, thanks muchly.

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:18:41 AM »
Has this system been upgraded from older software?  Older versions did not offer Meet Me, and if you upgraded from one without it there was a license charge to add.  Check SOFTWARE LICENSE tab  in left pane, see if MEET ME CONFERENCING says YES

The system was bought new, as opposed to upgraded, so the license was already there. Thanks for the tip on where to check though.

Thanks,

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 12:40:07 PM »
Gardy,

There are a couple more things you may want to know about this feature.

1. To allow more than a 4-party conference you need to change the Ad Hoc Conference Type from Basic to Advanced. Advanced allows for an 8-party conference and 20 conference resources. This means you can have 2 8-party conferences and 1 4-party conference going on at the same time. Go to System > Conference-Related Information  and change the Ad Hoc Conference Type.

2. The default Music on Hold for the Meet-me Conferencing may be different than your normal Music on Hold. Go to System > Conference-Related Information  > Meet-Me Conferencing and change the Audio for First Party. If you do not use File Base Music on Hold you can still load up your normal MoH Source after converting it from a wav file and it will allow you to use it here without the File-based MoH License.

3. You will need Configuration Assistant, same as creating the Conference Assistant earlier, created as well if you want your users to be able to manager their own Meet-me Conference access codes. They will also need to be created as a user under the Users section.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gardy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 11:08:44 AM »
Thanks TE, I hadn't seen that you had replied before now.

A very handy tip about allowing more than a 4-party conference.

Thanks,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10