Author Topic: Mitel Wireless Attachment - No Ring Sound  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Twinsen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel Wireless Attachment - No Ring Sound
« on: January 16, 2014, 12:28:32 AM »
Hey Guys,

Have a very weird issue with a Mitel 5330 IP phone with the official wireless attachment, not sure what has happened but at two sites, the wireless attachment; you can't hear it ringing.
If I'm at my desk and you can see your phone is rining... you can use the headset to answer the phone and everything is fine, volume change, sound quality and hanging up.

For some reason the ringing through has stopped on a few of the wireless attachments.

Only fix I have been able to do was replace the WHOLE phone.
Any idea would be great!

Our phone maintainer has no clue and claims faulty parts, however I think it is some feature and/or setting which has been activated.

Cheers.

Offline Chad Hardaker

• Contributer
    • View Profile
    • Tie Networks
Re: Mitel Wireless Attachment - No Ring Sound
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 02:03:14 AM »
Would recommend going through the Phone menu to remove the wireless handset/headset from pairing and then go through and re-pair the device.
Further to that i would disconnect the battery from the wireless handset/headset and leave it out for a few minutes before reconnecting. Then i would let it charge overnight and try again the next day.

That should fix it, if not, then i suspect the fault lies with the unit or the module and you can use another handset/headset to isolate further to module or not.

Hope that helps.

BTW: the repairing can be a little tricky but generally you but the module/phone into pairing mode (done via menu or press and hold on button behind wireless indicator, then press and hold the hangup key on either handset/headset until flashing LED, then select it from the phone menu to pair.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:20 AM »
Just to add, I've seen it pair to another wireless near by. I would disco the other one before pairing so it doesn't try to pair to it.

Offline Twinsen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:06:36 AM »
Sadly none of the above worked.

As otherwise the wireless adapter is flawless, I thought it was some feature enabled..... guess it could be faulty...

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 02:33:05 AM »
I would doubt a setting or feature as these would carry across to the new phone

one thing to check is take the wireless module out of the back of the phone and check the little loopback cable is in the white socket.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 02:21:46 PM »
Good one, ghost. And sometimes the module itself doesn't seat all the way into the back of the phone.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:23:50 PM »
Have to suggestions.
First one sounds silly but when the phone is ringing try adjusting the volume on the phone or the headset.
The second one is taking the battery out of the headset to reinitialize it.
Had issues with wireless headsets going stupid and making beeping sound or not working properly.

One more! There is a limit on how many headset you can have in a given are.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10