Author Topic: Ring Back...IVR  (Read 3753 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Ring Back...IVR
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
We will be using an IVR in our telemarketing center.  A person will be calling in from anywhere in the US into our telemarketing center.  During certain hours of the day they will be put into an IVR system...which will give them the option to make a choice depending on what state they live in.  Once the caller presses a button, their call will be transferred to the proper office depending on their input.

Here exists the problem...when the transfer is being made, there is a long silence almost sounding as if the call has been disconnected. 

Is there a way to have the transfer ring, so the caller knows that the transfer is taking place?  If not we will just record a message before the transfer that they might hear silence.

Thanks again.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Back...IVR
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:38:08 AM »
No way to do ring back here.   It has to come from the far end office or CO so the delay is going to be there.
You may want to see what you can do to shorten the delay.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:55:19 AM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:57:23 PM »
  Yep - what is the connection between the 3300 and the IVR?  Also, is the delay on the transfer from the 3300 to the IVR or vice-versa? 

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
The delay is from the IVR to the 3300.  I do not know what the connection is at this point.  I am not the engineer who put it together; i can find out from him.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 05:38:57 PM »
There shouldn't really be any delay but if there is use a holding message. When the customer selects an option provide holding message before the call is transferred.

with regards to the delay, are the transferred number internal or external?

If external than I can understand a little delay, but internal there shouldn't really be any, unless, there are problems with digit translation on the switch.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »
The transfer at this point is internal.  I outside caller dials into the IVR...then presses an option, which would transfer them to an internal number.  The delay is about 5 secs for the first ring.  But the problem is the caller does not hear any ringing on their end.

The connection between the IVR and 3300 is a "tie line".  I don't know that term, but that is what the engineer told me.

thanks again.

-Evan

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 01:23:23 PM »
a 5 second delay would suggest to me an inter-digit timer. 
Figure out what the digits dialed are, from any internal phone dial the number and count the seconds from the last digit dial until you hear ringing.   If it's about 5 seconds then go through your system and find the digit conflict.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:39:57 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10