Author Topic: Email Alarm Alerts  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Big_Blue

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Email Alarm Alerts
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »
Hello all,
I have recently taken over administration duties of our company's 6 Mitel 3300 systems. (Number 7 and 8 are on the way). I ran into two problems today that I hope you guys can point me in the right direction with.
1. My IT director has decided to enable email alerts on the various mitel systems. We have some systems that are on the newest administration software and I can find the options to send the emails under the alarms menu. However we have 3 older systems that have an older interface (Not sure of the version) and I can't find the option to send alerts. I added our mail server and the email address to the system options I just can't find where to enable the emails on these systems.

2. On one of our systems it says there is a major alarm. It is a security alarm. We put it show faults security. But the major alarm didn't clear. We had it show alarms and it said "No Alarms" We logged out and logged back in, still says Major Alarm. Any idea how to clear it?

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: Email Alarm Alerts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:06 AM »
if you click the about button it will tell you what active software load you are running. If I recall correctly email alarm alerts was only introduced on 10.2 (before that the setting in system options was used to emailing voicemail)

in regards to the alarm, I have never had to look into a security alarm before so I don't really know, is your system clustered or standalone? are your passwords meeting the minimum requirement?

Offline Big_Blue

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
That explains it then, we are using 9.035 on our older systems. Those are being upgraded in the next few months.

As for the alarm, it is referring to someone logging in with wrong credentials excessively.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:54:08 AM »
 Displaying the alarm by entering the Show Fault Security maintenance command is sufficient to clear it. It takes a while for it to clear the alarm from the system.

Offline johnkeri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
On newer releases there is a form in the Maintenance section under logs: Audit trail logs.
See who is attempting to log in.
It can be a Prariefyre CCM software or some other application.
I had a network discovery software cause alarms once. These programs continuously scan all network devices.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10