Author Topic: loudspeaker/handsfree when using headset  (Read 3457 times)

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
loudspeaker/handsfree when using headset
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:53:32 PM »
Hi,

I have setup numerous headsets for users with 5320 IP phones. One user asked if they can switch to using the loudspeaker/handsfree speaker during a call. They would normally press the 'speaker' button but this cuts off the call.

Is there a feature code for loudspeaker?

Thanks

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: loudspeaker/handsfree when using headset
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:24:15 PM »
I think they have to be idle to disable the headset feature. They would need to place the call on hold, disable headset, press call key and talk handsfree. I don't know of a way to switch directly between headset & speakerphone while on an active call.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:08:06 PM »
WallIT,

I am not sure what scenario a person would want to do what you are asking unless it is a training thing, but did you think of using the Group Listen feature code; default 312.
Feature Code - Group Listen 

The Group Listen feature allows a phone user to transmit a conversation over the phone speaker while in handset or headset mode. This allows other people in the room to listen to the conversation. However, the phone microphone remains disabled so that only the headset or handset user can speak.

Thanks,

TE

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 06:12:19 AM »
Thanks both,

619Tech, unfortunately pressing the hold key still does not allow the user to diasable the headset. Display reads phone needs to be idle. Am using the 'red' button for putting the call on hold, which I presume is the correct way to do it.

Tech Electronics, I appreciate the scenario is a little odd. The users spends a LOT of time of the phone so requested a headset. However, there are occasions when he has conferences around his desk with team members and likes the loudspeaker option.  The group listen is a useful feature, but I don't think a viable solution in this scenario. Will have to teach him how to disable the headset shortcut on his phone when he wants to use loudspeaker.

The last option I have is upgrading his phone to 5340 and bolting on the headset option so fully integrated with the phone. We have others in the office using this model handset so would be worth testing with them.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
WallIT,

If they want to use their existing headset then just tell them to put the call on hold if it is already answered with the headset. Then hang up the headset and then press the headset key or dial the code to turn headset mode off. If you don't hang the headset up then it won't allow you to press the headset button because it is in use and the phone needs to be idle to use that feature code.

If the call is being made then just make sure the headset it turned off and then use the speaker button to make the call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mem5449

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:32:13 PM »
Yup, phone HAS to be idle to get off headset and go to speaker [while on LIVE call]. I know, its quirky to some. However, its 4 quick steps if you have a headset on/off button:  press hold, speaker (hangup), headset, then speaker. Done

Offline WallIT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 07:11:26 AM »
Thanks again for the further responses.

The instructions were really clear and I have confirmed it works on our setup. I have told the few people who asked for this feature and they are delighted. The steps in our case were

1. Press Hold
2. Press Speaker (hangup)
3. Press 'Headset' (to turn off)
4. Press flashing 'Call Key 1'

To take a call private again on the headset it is the same order 1-4 (not backwards 4-1).

Thanks again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10