Author Topic: Mitel SX200 Hotline or Ringdown  (Read 6622 times)

Offline JohnMitel

• View Profile
Mitel SX200 Hotline or Ringdown
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
How do you program a ring down or hotline on a SX200??

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel SX200 Hotline or Ringdown
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:09:14 AM »
Directly from the system manual...

Hot Line
Description: Individual telephones can be programmed through CDE as hot lines. When a hot line telephone goes off-hook, the system automatically dials a pre-programmed number (internal or external). The number is specified as the call forwarding destination for that extension.

The following conditions apply to this feature:
•   The extension must be programmed as a Manual Line.
•   Manual Line and Automatic Callback are mutually exclusive.
•   The extension must have access to Abbreviated Dial, and External Call Forwarding (if it is to dial an external number).
•   The type of forwarding programmed has no effect on the feature.
•   If the extension is called, then the forwarding feature still works as usual.
•   The hot line call is a reroute to the forward number; see Call Rerouting.
•   Valid hot line destinations include all valid call forwarding destinations.
•   A DTMF receiver circuit is needed for the hot line call regardless of the type of the destination.

Programming:

Enable COS Option 228 (Manual Line) for the extension.

The attendant must program a “Call Forward - Always” destination number for that extension; see Attendant Call Forward Setup And Cancel.

If programming the destination number from the extension then enable one of the call forwarding COS options in the extension’s class of service.

Operation:

Lift handset; the extension is rerouted to the forwarding destination automatically.

Although for some reason it seems to me this rings to the Attendant extension for this tenant from Form 19, not the CFA destination as stated in the manual, but it has been a while since I have set this up.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:20:17 AM »
I thought it uses the attendant access point for tenant also

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:40:59 PM »
I thought it uses the attendant access point for tenant also
Yeah, this confused me some as well... I looked at the programming on a couple SX200's and my notes I have and they are both the same, just make a new COS that has COS 228 added and assign it to an extension, the phone rings to the Station Dial 0 extension assinged in Form 19 for the tenant assigned to the extension (unless you add Priority Dial 0 to the Hotlines COS, then it uses that one). None of the site I have have forwarding setup on the hotline extension that I can see.

Stange... I copy and pasted the above directly from the SX-200 ICP Release 5.0 technical documentation, very unusual for a Mitel document to be incorrect this drastically, especially on the 200.  :o

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:31:03 PM »
Good thing the older documentation had it right :-) would have never been able to do it otherwise. Yes I've done it many times.

Offline trecker76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 08:42:05 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I JUST had to do this yesterday on one of my SX-200's.  It is really simple. Quick summary.  Choose a COS to dedicate to RINGDOWNS. I like 20.  Allow COS option 228.  Then Pick an unused Tenant (I choose 4) and choose your 0 out destinations.  In my case it was a cordless phone extension.  Change your ringdown extension to use that Tenant and boom! Done! 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10