Author Topic: Delay with audio and all functionality on screen, etc.  (Read 2388 times)

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Delay with audio and all functionality on screen, etc.
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »
We have a client with multiple sites. 3300. One centralized site feeding the others. Only 1 site is affected. And the issue is only since they moved their office several blocks. All of the equipment remained the same. Only 4 users in this office. What happens is basically every incoming call after answering the line still rings about 2 times, then latches. But that's not all. If you press the phone book as an example it doesn't populate in the display, only after about a 2 second delay. Same if you press the voicemail speed call, or any other key. Basically a delay accross the board. Systems are in Chi., users are on Long Island, NY. Once again, only after they moved to another office. Thanks and let me know if more info needed. Hopefully someone ran into a similar issue.

Just to add what was done so far........Mitel and the carrier had us do seperate wireshark captures. And a steady ping to the controller in Chi. never waivered, even while trouble was occuring. Thank you all.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:44:00 PM by jrg0852 »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Delay with audio and all functionality on screen, etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:21:42 PM »
You may be able to use the Telework TNA tool against the controller and see something.
Pull the TNA software from a TW server, send it to the customer on the far end, point it at the controller and have them run a load test on it.
You may see something different.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »
Well since the trouble only started since they moved you can pretty much bet its a network issue. What else would have changed? You said the pin test was steady but at what value was it ( how many ms )? When they moved locations what changed on their network? Otherwise how can you describe the latency that has crept in?

One final point is trying to understand the deployment. Is it that the remote phones in China are all running off a primary controller somewhere else? I am not sure what you mean by " one centralized site feeding the others "when you then mention pings to the controller "in Chi"

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
I just happen to know this one:  "Chi" is Chicago.   Not China.
The controller is in Chicago.   There are several remote sites.
I believe the site with the problem is in New York.

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:22:27 AM »
My bad. As Ralph stated, Chicago, not China. :o

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10