Author Topic: Outside Calling Party Number Routing  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Outside Calling Party Number Routing
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:04:40 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Since I am new to the 3300 MCD I am not sure if this is possible or not, but a customer of mine is changing from an Inter-Tel Axxess to a 3300 and wants to continue to route calls based on Outside Calling Party Number.

Basically, they have certain numbers that are known for harassment calls/faxes that they just want to hang up on and all other calls will follow the normal call flow; is this possible in a 3300?

If this is possible could you provide some detailed information on how to set it up?

Thanks,

TE

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Outside Calling Party Number Routing
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:50:04 AM »
The 3300 doesn't have this option, but this can be done by using the IVR solution.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:43:10 AM »
What voicemail? A Nupoint can do it.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 08:19:46 AM »
About once a month I see here some variant of a request for blocking incoming calls based on caller ID.
I've heard a rumor that Mitel may add that into a future release but I wouldn't hold my breath.
After meeting with a group of techies last December, I may have an inexpensive "off board" solution that would do this.
Unfortunately I don't have time to test and document.
I put up a poll to gauge interest to see if it would be worth my time but only 8 people voted.
You can see it here.

Once I'm through this major project I'm on perhaps I'll have time to test, document and throw online.
But I'd think I'm about 3 months out from even thinking about it at this time.

But to answer your question, no, the 3300 doesn't do that.
As others have suggested you can do it via a NuPoint or PraireFyre IQ.

Ralph
Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 01:23:55 PM »
Everyone,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on this. I do have a NuPoint so I looked in the Call Director area as I figured that is where it would have to be and I do see a call action called Caller ID that seems like it would work for me. If this is the correct route to take then are there any "catch-22" things I should know about before trying to implement this.

The one thing I see so far is that they would need a Call Director Box for Every Personal DID so that each individual can block the numbers the need to for their DID, ie that is a lot 101 users. Is there anything else I would need to look at for this?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10