Author Topic: NuPoint connection from 3300 dropping after a few seconds  (Read 3515 times)

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint connection from 3300 dropping after a few seconds
« on: January 01, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »
My system has been running for a couple of years and yesterday out of the blue, all connections over the 3300 voice mail ports to the NuPoint server will drop after about 5 seconds.  You get to listen to just enough message to tease you and then it just drops.  Can't retrieve or leave any messages.

I can see and listen to messages with UCA or using the web client just not through the phone.

These messages also started showing up in my 3300 logs about this same time for all the voice mail DNs:

"Trusted Device attempting to Register when NOT  configured with Trusted Service"
"Programmed IP device type : Superset 5240 IP Installed IP device type : IP Application"

I don't know what is going on.  Any ideas?

Running NuPoint on MAS 5.0.64.0
3300 - 6.0 SP1

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint connection from 3300 dropping after a few seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »
Are the devices that have been created for the NP ports on the MCD set to be trusted? If not then this is why you would get this message.
Usually I would set the ports for the NP to be 5020 sets.

Have you recently upgraded MAS or MCD?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
Well if it was running a couple of years it would not have been doing so at R6 SP1 or MAS 5 so it sounds like an upgrade was done some time since installation. The ports on the Nupoint can be setup as trusted devices on the 3300 so they don't consume an IP device license. Almost looks like the Nupoint is set that way but not the 3300. Didn't think there was anything that needed to be done on the Nupoint for that. 

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »
Thank you for pointing out the new Trusted Service option that can be used to avoid consuming device licenses.  I was not aware of that option. 

Obviously an upgrade was done to get to the version that is currently running and that happened about 3 months ago but the device settings weren't changed at that time or since then to use any of the new Trusted Service options. 

I guess I need to be more specific and say that none of the settings where changed on either the 3300 or the NuPoint and it has been running without any problems since the upgrade up until two days ago.  This out of sync problem just occurred out of the blue.  No one was working on the system or making changes to the system.  Mitel support is looking at it.  I'll report back what happened when I have more information.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
Any changes to the network?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10