Author Topic: Multiple 5000's with Gateway  (Read 4355 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Multiple 5000's with Gateway
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
Hello,

Please forgive me as I may be "wording" some of this incorrectly.  We have a site that has 4 buildings and we have 2 Mitel 5000 controllers.  In order to allow the attendant console to "see" all of the phones we have a PC that is running a Mitel "Gateway" software.  The software however does not run on anything newer than Windows XP.  I asked our Mitel vendor recently if they knew if the software could be moved to a Windows 7 machine and was told that they were not aware of it at this time and have not heard of anything coming forward for this.  Does anyone know if Mitel is either looking to upgrade this software to Win 7 or if there is a different way of doing this?  We only have 115 phones and if I would of realized in the beginning that the 5000 was not capable of redundancy we would of only purchased 1 controller.  However that was my error at the time for not fulling understanding what we were buying and partially on the vendor who we are no longer with.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Multiple 5000's with Gateway
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
While not officially supported, I have seen CT Gateway run well on WIN7 when loaded as a an XP-compatible app.  I have heard that a newer product is in the works, but haven't seen any dates.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »
Dwayneg,

How reliable is your information; I hope that it is really good? The last thing I heard before the old Inter-Tel Tech support was let go a few months ago was that it was no longer being updated. The latest version is 4.5 and it works great on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Server 2003. I have had problems with it working properly on Server 2008 and above though, but if you don't mind getting in to the registry files that can be fixed, but you still can not run it as a service and sometimes it still locks up.

Gssieg,

The 5000 has never support redundancy or resiliency so I am kind of think what your vendor was doing was supporting your 2 largest sites and splitting your trunks up between the two. Of course I do not know how they engineered it, but that would be my first guess.

Usually what I run into is that some people, and I am not saying this happened to you, get the Mitel 5000 and the Mitel 3300 features mixed up. The 3300 MCD does support redundancy, resiliency and the sharing of licenses which gives it an edge on the 5000 for obvious reasons to customers who are looking for that.

Other than that the 5000 is a pretty solid piece of equipment and should be able to do more than you will ever need it to do and in my opinion is a good purchase for any company.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
Mitel SE Confirms it's on the roadmap for Q1 2014.

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »
Dwayneg,

Thanks for the information.

Tech Electronics,

I knew the 3300 much better than the 5000... I really don't think they purposely gave me bad information I just think it wasn't explained as well as it could of been.  Don't get me wrong for this project the price difference between the 3300 and the 5000 wasn't going to happen so the 5000 was going to be the system either way!  Sure would be nice if they at least talked without the CT Gateway though!  At least from the sounds of it soon I can get the CT Gateway installed on a newer more reliable PC.  Thanks for the information guys!

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »
Sure would be nice if they at least talked without the CT Gateway though!

Just to clarify, you do not need the CT Gateway for networking or for the multiple systems to communiacte with each other. Think of it as an Application connection when using multiple systems. It allows the monitoring and manipulation of multiple networked systems via a single Application connection.

Also, make sure you get the "multi-node" Attendant Console when connecting to multiple systems via CT Gateway.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10