Author Topic: Mitel CCM softphone headsets  (Read 2588 times)

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Mitel CCM softphone headsets
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »
Hi

Ok so I just purchased some softphone licenses for my Mitel CCM, got them loaded.

From an audio aspect any usb headset that is recognised as an audio device by windows will work.

So to my query, has anyone got any experience with usb headsets to be able to answer calls with the inline controls?

My headset vendor sent me a plantronics blackwire c520 (the mute and volume buttons work controlling windows audio but the answer button does not work) and a Jabra GN200 USB (no buttons work, has volume mute and answer buttons)

The list of headsets in the official documentation are so old they are discontinued, so has anyone had any luck with anything recent?

I'm running CCM 6.0.2.2

Offline scottwillits

• View Profile
Re: Mitel CCM softphone headsets
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:33:55 PM »
I have been searching for the same.
I have a Plantronics Savi8220M that sounds great, feels great and works with everything except the softphone.
The plantronics hub software does not support Mitel.

Would love to hear if anyone has found one to work.
Scott

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Re: Mitel CCM softphone headsets
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 06:23:29 AM »
Whats the exact type of softphone you're using?

After a lot of installs, the best headset I have found so far that works seamlessly with most Mitel products is the Sennheiser SDW 50xx range.

In my case, this has been used for various MiCollab installations and the feedback has been excellent. They are clear, robust, modern and easy to use, they are also Mitel/UC certified.

There is some software which comes with the device called HeadSetup Pro from Sennheiser. Once this is installed it gives you the choice to choose your default softphone and also control the ringing volume and tone through the base station.

Its solved 2 major problems we've had with PC based headsets and softphones so far. It allows the ringing to come through the base station on an incoming call which saves messing round with Windows 10 audio settings and potentially buying a set of PC speakers. It also allows the user to control the call through the button on the side of the headset, this can allow them to answer and hang-up a call - This is all without conflicting with any other UC install on the machine, skype for example.

If you're just after a headset for use with PC, not a deskphone or mobile connection, the SDW 5013 would be suitable.

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/sdw-5013

Theyre pricier than your average headset but you get what you pay for these days.. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10