Author Topic: Caller ID works intermittently  (Read 4119 times)

Offline canadaed

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Caller ID works intermittently
« on: December 18, 2013, 11:01:36 PM »
I have installed a Mitel 5000 with loop start trunks. The outside caller ID does not always display on the sets. I have checked all the programming fields that I think relate to this problem. When checking the system logs, I see this message quite often

-01:298- > -01:240- 08:50 17-12 M5020 WRN HW CP [10.1.1]: Caller ID Terminated Due To Connect Timer Expired

Does anyone know if this timer is related to my problem and where it is located? I am new to this product and would appreciate any help.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Caller ID works intermittently
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
Are you sure the telco is sending Caller ID on ALL the lines? The warning is common when Caller ID is enabled on a trunk and no CID is sent, have you verified it is there with a butt set between the first and second ring indication? Also, there are timers that can be adjusted for the CID, although I have never had to.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 08:26:27 AM »
If the error messages only refer to that one loop start port [10.1.1], that’s the one causing your “intermittent” problem.

Offline canadaed

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:19:48 AM »
I went back into the logs and it looks like 10 1 1 is only reporting this problem. I will go back to the site and do some further testing. Thanks

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »
Caller ID is not enabled by default. There may have been a trunk added or a missed setting during installation. Check all your loop start trunks:
System/Devices and Feature Codes/Trunks/94101(example)/Service Type: Caller ID (set to None on default).

Offline canadaed

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »
That was one of the first things I did check, and it is set to Bellcore.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
Canadaed,

Were you able to determine whether you were getting the CID splash tones when monitoring the line with your butt-set? If you are not then you need to turn the issue over to the carrier to get that resolved. If you are getting them you may just need to reset the hardware for that trunk or swap them to a known working trunk and see where the problem moves to.

Thanks,

TE

Offline canadaed

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »
I have not made it back to the site yet. I was thinking the same as you, and would interchange trunks to see if the problem follows. In the meantime, I have asked the customer to check with the Telco to make sure they are subscribed to name and number display for that trunk. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10