Author Topic: PRI Failover Question/Input  (Read 2309 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
PRI Failover Question/Input
« on: December 16, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to design a PRI failover and have the following questions.

I have two sites across the state from each other in different prefixes of course. Both use the same vendor now for PRI service and this vendor has the capability to failover one PRI to the other is there's issues. However, in the trunk attributes form one is absorbing 4 and inserting ## while the other is absorbing 2 and inserting ##. I'm assuming I would need to get both of these to match? My other thought was to manipulate the system speed calls form.

For ex. if site A was absorb 2 and insert ## I would need to take the number from site B which is ##025 create a new entry ##26025. I could have the telco vendor change the actual programming on their side but wanted to do it without having to deal with them if I could. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: PRI Failover Question/Input
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:18:10 AM »
This can be done by using the speeddial list. The other option is to wait with this until may next year. That is when release 7.0 will be there and a new feature is called DID server. This will match a complete number to an internal number and is what you are looking for. Try to get this site on the nomination for External Field Trail this will give you the option to have this running March/April.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Re: PRI Failover Question/Input
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:59:36 AM »
Thanks for that info. If I could avoid downtime between now and then I am going to try anyway.

Here's what I did to test and it worked. I'm just not sure if doing this on a mass scale with all of our numbers will cause me some unforeseen issue.

I went into the two PBX's that have the PRI and I deleted the current system speed call number as the type was "S/C" I created a new one with type "INT" I had the Tel-co vendor failover this morning and it worked just fine. I read the help file about the meaning of these two types and I'm not sure I fully understand how to use them properly in our clustered setup. I gathered that If you want the speed call just internal to X controller use INT.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10