Author Topic: What PRI Tester do you prefer  (Read 1916 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
What PRI Tester do you prefer
« on: December 13, 2013, 02:58:58 PM »
We're looking to purchase a PRI tester.
I know there are several from T-Byrd and I'm looking at those.

My question is: do you use a different brand other than T-Byrd for your PRI testers?

I'm looking for something light that can travel easily and can still test at the T1 level as well as make and receive calls.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: What PRI Tester do you prefer
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:27:49 PM »
We use a Sunrise SunSet ISDN hand-held unit for day to day use, works great for T-1 & ISDN but I think they are discontinued or out of business now, it had been around here a long time when I started about 4 years ago.

We borrow the CO's T-Berd on occasion, not sure the model but it is a tablet like device, works amazingly well but I think they said it was around $8000!

One of the ILECs here that does a lot of PRIs uses Argos PRI testers, they seem to work really well too.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: What PRI Tester do you prefer
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 07:44:17 AM »
Argus here (Argus25 had it for years and is rock solid). Its been superceeded now but the new ones are just as good and better still you can get want you want on the tester as modules so it will do PRI, BRI, Analog and various shades of Broadband etc. NT emulation which is mega configurable if you want for internal testing etc. etc. Just a very happy customer. If/when we upgrade it will be another Argus.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10