Author Topic: Caller ID not forwarding to Cell Phone  (Read 14217 times)

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Caller ID not forwarding to Cell Phone
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »
Hey All!

I have an issue where when calls are forwarded to a cell phone the caller ID does not forward with it. Doesn't matter if it's a call internally or externally, the cell just displays: From Work. This is a Mitel 5000 HX 6.0 with a MAS, using UCA. The cell phones are programmed as DEE and are in the UCA as part of the users' PRG.
Any thoughts??

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Caller ID not forwarding to Cell Phone
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:16:25 AM »
Check the PRI or SIP trunk group (note this is not possible on T1/CAS or analog trunks), there is a flag called "Propagate Original Caller ID" it must be enabled for this to work, and your carrier must allow it to pass through.\

Note some carriers do not allow an outgoing caller ID number to be sent that isn't a DID of the PRI. Also keep in mind that if the cell number is a LD number to the 5000, the carrier may reject a call that isn't a billable number on the PRI.

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:21:52 PM »
Thanks a lot Ace! I don't think the customer is worried about outgoing so I should be good there. Mainly he just wants to get a view of who is calling him when he's on a dynamic. I didn't notice the flag on the trunk itself before. Ignorantly I thought that the general flag "display caller Id name and number" would do it. I changed the flags and will give it a go. Thanks again!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Caller ID not forwarding to Cell Phone
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
Thanks a lot Ace! I don't think the customer is worried about outgoing so I should be good there. Mainly he just wants to get a view of who is calling him when he's on a dynamic. I didn't notice the flag on the trunk itself before. Ignorantly I thought that the general flag "display caller Id name and number" would do it. I changed the flags and will give it a go. Thanks again!
Cool, the flag is essential... But I think you missed my point or I wasn't clear about how outgoing caller id plays into this Essentially to send the originating number out, the 5000 tells the carrier the outbound caller id is the original number, sometimes causing issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
Yeah you hit it on the head there. After rereading my response I had a palmface moment. For some reason my brain was taking the customer's trunks out of the equation. So after changing the flags with no dice I'm guessing its a telco issue. By primary function, I'm a blinking lights guy so if it doesn't have an IP address, routing protocol, or NAT rule tied to it there's a bit of learning curve there :). I did open a ticket with Mitel though and was told that there is a problem regarding propagating caller id when using DEE for certain releases of 6.0 and they are currently waiting for a fix to be released. In your experience, are the service providers normally willing to work with you on this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 08:54:10 AM »
It's hit and miss... but usually on this one it's pretty easy and most telcos get it though, they probably have the account number flagged on the circuit to show on all outbound calls as the caller ID, they will often remove that but then you are responsible for flagging every call with an outbound caller id number so make sure to put the default main number as the outgoing caller id on the trunk group, anything else you program at a station level will override the default.

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 02:32:26 PM »
I was off of this case for a while but I just wanted to give an update. Apparently our customer has to pay for an additional "enhanced caller id" service. The SP is TW telecom by the way. They tell me that this is the only way that it will work with their service. Does this seem right or does it sound like the telco is jerking me around to get more $ out of the customer?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Quick test: in programming for your phone, change "Calling Party Number" field to a number you own (part of your DID bank) and place a call from your phone...note what number the called party sees.  If they see the new number you entered then you have the capability to send different number.  Next test is to change to a number you DON'T own and try a call.  If you see this new number you should be able to forward numbers on DEE.
I've never seen a carrier charge for this feature, but they often need to turn it on.  Note that some states (or carriers) will not let you send a caller ID that is not your own...imagine I call you and send CLID for the police department or your credit card company!

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »
Yeah I did run that test a while back and found that it wasn't allowed. Enhanced CID has been turned on now and the telco is telling me that I now need to "send a Redirect IE 74 with the original originating number in the new setup message" My question is: Is this the equivalent of the "Propagate original caller ID" flag on the CO Trunk Group?

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »
Success!! Once the enhanced caller ID feature was turned on, I changed the propagate original caller ID flag on the co trunk group to yes and bazinga! Thanks for the help  :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 08:40:28 PM »
Drumster34 and others,

I find it best to always have the carrier allow for the following when putting in a new ISDN circuit.

1. Station level control of outbound ANI (Caller ID) <- This allows you to send out Caller ID on a station by station basis
2. Allowance for Non-Native ANI (Caller ID) <- This allows you to send out (propagate) the inbound caller's Caller ID
3. Outpulse BTN when no ANI is present <- This is so you don't need to set up all the Station's or CO Trunk Group's Calling Party Number. Some carriers allow for this some don't

Obviously you need to set up your equipment correctly, but having this already set up on the carrier's side makes it a lot easier to get it all working properly.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10