Author Topic: 5360's not wanting to come back online.  (Read 2044 times)

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
5360's not wanting to come back online.
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:39:27 PM »
I have weird problem. I have 3 5360's on the local network with the controller. When the controller goes offline, these 3 phones will not come back up. All the remote 5330's and the other 5340's in the office have no issues.

I didn't know it was a problem until we had a license issue caused by an upgrade and everytime the system rebooted itself, I would have to unplug the phones completely and plug them back in to get them to come on.

Now I've had to reboot the system due to router issues this weekend and only those 3 are off, again. I cannot get to these phones since they are in locked offices of the CEO and such. I've rebooted the switch hoping to kill power to the phones that way and get them to come back up, but it didn't help. Just shows their line in use, but unplugged if you call it.

I'll fix the problem when they come in tomorrow morning (hopefully), but I need this to not happen again. It's weird that it's only these phones having the issue.

Ideas?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: 5360's not wanting to come back online.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:58:03 PM »
I have weird problem. I have 3 5360's on the local network with the controller. When the controller goes offline, these 3 phones will not come back up. All the remote 5330's and the other 5340's in the office have no issues.

I didn't know it was a problem until we had a license issue caused by an upgrade and everytime the system rebooted itself, I would have to unplug the phones completely and plug them back in to get them to come on.

Now I've had to reboot the system due to router issues this weekend and only those 3 are off, again. I cannot get to these phones since they are in locked offices of the CEO and such. I've rebooted the switch hoping to kill power to the phones that way and get them to come back up, but it didn't help. Just shows their line in use, but unplugged if you call it.

I'll fix the problem when they come in tomorrow morning (hopefully), but I need this to not happen again. It's weird that it's only these phones having the issue.

Ideas?
In previous situations like this, I have had to manually assign the Vlan/CoS in the phone... This issue seems sporadic in some Cisco and Extreme Networks switches.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
5360's not wanting to come back online.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »

Ideas?
In previous situations like this, I have had to manually assign the Vlan/CoS in the phone... This issue seems sporadic in some Cisco and Extreme Networks switches.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow. It is a Cisco switch.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10