Author Topic: User Form Question  (Read 3381 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
User Form Question
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:21:30 AM »
I have several extensions within the user/device form that have just a display name for some reason and when I go fill in the first and last name fields It won't actually alllow me to do this. Any ideas as why this would be? These same number also won't sync in the telephone directory to a few of the other sites. We do have a clustered setup.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: User Form Question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:14:16 PM »
Are you doing an IDS sync on the controller?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Re: User Form Question
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
I have several extensions within the user/device form that have just a display name for some reason and when I go fill in the first and last name fields It won't actually alllow me to do this. Any ideas as why this would be? These same number also won't sync in the telephone directory to a few of the other sites. We do have a clustered setup.
So in Users & Devices you have some entries that have a name ONLY, no extension or other data at all? Was this system upgraded from a pre-MCD software? If so, I frequently get that and just manually delete them, if the entry is only a name with no extension or device. 

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
I have them in a system that was upgraded from 4.0MCD to 5.0MCD....

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: User Form Question
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 12:39:30 AM »
I have them in a system that was upgraded from 4.0MCD to 5.0MCD....
That would be a system that likely had a DB conversion done, like I said, if there is no extension or device associated with the entry, its safe to remove.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:33 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Here's some more information. These are working extensions that only have a "display name" the last name and first name field are blank I know at one time they were there as I set this up myself as this was a brand new site about a year ago. When I go into an entry with this issue the form just thinks particularly the voicemail tab and won't allow me to open it. With this particular site I have this issue and a synching issue. Some of the numbers that won't sync only have a directory name and some have a directory name and last/first name. I"m at 6.0 SP1 across the board I've tried all the tshooting steps in the help guide. I"m curios if anyone knows why in the SDS Distribution Errors form that my "force change" button is grayed out I have full rights. I know deleting the number and readding it will probably work as I've done this in the past but with this many extensions I figured I could get to the root cause.

Thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »
Thanks for the responses. Here's some more information. These are working extensions that only have a "display name" the last name and first name field are blank I know at one time they were there as I set this up myself as this was a brand new site about a year ago. When I go into an entry with this issue the form just thinks particularly the voicemail tab and won't allow me to open it. With this particular site I have this issue and a synching issue. Some of the numbers that won't sync only have a directory name and some have a directory name and last/first name. I"m at 6.0 SP1 across the board I've tried all the tshooting steps in the help guide. I"m curios if anyone knows why in the SDS Distribution Errors form that my "force change" button is grayed out I have full rights. I know deleting the number and readding it will probably work as I've done this in the past but with this many extensions I figured I could get to the root cause.

Thanks,
Actually, it sounds like the "root cause" is most likely that the systems were out of sync before being migrated from OPS Man/Classic  sync to SDS Distribution or the telephone directory and user database wasn't cleanup up prior to the migration. Not making any accusations here, but this likely means the Pre-Migration checklist wasn't done properly and all issues corrected before migration and upgrading. Your only option might be to delete and add the extension back manually but I think at this point I would open a ticket with tech support and get their opinion before proceeding any further.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10