Author Topic: UCA app for iphone when status set for mobile, calls are not ringing to iphone  (Read 2004 times)

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hey guys,
I have set up a vUCA 6.0 with a MAS server at a customer site. This is synced with a Mitel 5000 HX (6.0). A user with the iphone app is not able to get his status to change to mobile on his desk phone when he changes it on his iphone. In turn, his calls are not being forwarded to his iphone. However when he changes status to DND it changes on his desk phone and forwards calls to voicemail. Do I need to have dynamic extensions enabled and programmed in the 5000 for this to work? I was under the impression that the UCA would handle this function on its own. Any help would be majorly appreciated!

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Any ideas? Anyone?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Depends. Don't know the 5000 but would think it is somewhat similar to the 3300 in functionality but not in programming. The question is how would the system know how to reach your cell phone and are you expecting the call to reach the cell phone via the embedded SIP clinet or the cell phones number? If via the SIP client then do you have the UCA client on the iphone setup as a SIP extension? If via the cell phones number then yes you need a EHDU created that points to the cell phone. In both cases either the SIP extension number assigned to the iphone app or the EHDU number would need to be in the ring group for the user ( if the 5000 has ring groups ). 

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
The issue I had was sorted out. Thank you for the insight. It turns out that you don't necessarily need to have a cell or any other number set as an EHDU in the 5000. You can add it as a standard phone in your UCA profile. However, then you lose all of your mid-call features, which is what makes it so slick to begin with. That wasn't even the problem though. For whatever reason (still can't figure out why) that particular user was losing all of his associated destinations every time I backed out of programming his user account in the 5000. I had to delete him and re-create him. After that life was good. Thanks again!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10