Author Topic: Mitel Configuration  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
Mitel Configuration
« on: November 15, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
I am new to the managment of the Mitel 3300. I have two problems:

I added the voicemail feature from Users and Devices configuration and leave the default settings but the voicemail is not cutting in when     the   user is away from her or his desk.  I checked the settings on other users and the setting are identical. 

When I check the voicemail check box under users and devices and select apply or save I am receiving this error:  Voice Mailbox configuration.  The requested value already exist.  When you call the extension a voice recording is stating: thank you for calling if you have a touch tone phone please enter the extension you would like to reach..........................

Can someone please help

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
Re: Mitel Configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:14:27 AM »

Sounds ok to me But go to voice mail in main menu, not under users and devices,

Go to voice mail users, search for your extension,

If it exists then check that extension number and mail box number match.

Then go to call routing and make sure calls route to voice mail on no answer and busy.

Also make sure mail box has been set up, dial voicemail from extension, put in default pin code and follow instructions to activate mailbox.

To test it make extension busy then call it , call should route to mail and give correct anouncement.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 10:54:15 AM »
Has your user set a divert on the phone to voicemail or have you programmed it in call rerouting first alternative?

Dial the voicemail access number (often 600 or 6000 but may have been changed) from the user you have added voicemail to and see if you get the setup prompts.

Go to voicemail box configuration and check the settings of the voicemail box for that user.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
Agree with x-man. Once you add the mailbox there is nothing to say "send calls to voicemail". The "user and devices" has no place to enter call rerouting info. You need to go to the call rerouting form and add the same entry as all other phones have or manually forward the phone to voicemail.

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:10:47 AM »
You are all absolutely correct I had to reroute the calls to the 1st Alt

Thank you all very much for your assistance

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10