Author Topic: Mitel 5000 "Waiting for CP" Error  (Read 15176 times)

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 "Waiting for CP" Error
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »
I have an issue with Mi tel 5000. I have upgraded from V5.1 SP 4 to V 5.1 SP 5. After the upgrade the system got rebooted and looks fine. After 2 days i am seeing an message saying "waiting for CP" and never got up. I tried rebooting, upgrading again to SP 5, but no luck. Ant suggestions why i am getting this error?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 "Waiting for CP" Error
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:58:40 AM »
Does the system lock up with no calls possible when this alarm shows?

Is the system networked to another node or does it have File Based MOH?

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
Right now i cannot even login to Mitel 5000 from the "Mitel System administration and Diagnostics" . The alarm look fine(In green color)
It have file based music on hold.
If i reboot the Mitel 5000, after i get the Staring "dt1_2_ex", i am getting "Waiting for cp" please see the attached image.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:38 AM »
Usually reloading software will take care of this, but you seem to have tried that already... can you manually downgrade to SP4? I am assuming SA isn't active and that is why you didn't go to 6.0?

I think only once I had a serious issue with this, reloading software never did finish it, and it turned out it was bad CompactFlash card... had to get a replacement from Mitel.

Probably worth opening a ticket with Mitel on this one if the system is down.

EDIT: Talked to another tech at coffee, he said it was a processor module and not the CF, but we couldn't remember the customer so we couldn't find the ticket to find out for sure.

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
Thanks acejavelin,

I had tried installing SP4, but this doesn't help me in fixing this issue. Now I re-installed SP5. I think you said is right, it looks like the problem with hardware. I will talk talk to Mitel bout this issue. 

If  i upgrade to 6.0, can i go back to 5.1 SP5? Please let me know. If so, i do want to try upgrading to 6.0.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:19:14 AM »
If your software assurance is active, you can go up and down in versions... that being said, I have not taken a 6.0 system back down so I can't vouch for the procedure or ease of doing it.

If you do go to 6.0, make sure to check the old Inter-tel engineering FTP site, as 6.0 PR2 is available there.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »
I use a USB cable connected to the "B" port on the 5000 to watch the boot-up process via Procomm Plus or HyperTerminal. This may shed some light on the issue it's having.

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:25:15 AM »
You most likely have a corrupt interfaces file. I have fixed many, It is an easy correction, but only Mitel tech support will be able to fix it.

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
emueller,
You are right. I had opened a ticket with Mitel and the problem was fixed. The Interfaces was corrupted. I just want to know what could be the reason fro this? so that i take care without repeating this.

acejavelin,
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate your help.

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 09:57:49 AM »
There is really no way to prevent it. It does not happen often. I've only seen it happen more that once on one system. Many, Many systems never experience a corrupt file.

Offline popolou

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »

Mitel just asked us the same question for a fault we've just escalated to them. We're seeing every handset display saying "Waiting for Resources" and no calls can be made/received on trunks and IC. Nothing much appears on the diagnostics other than the number of camped calls & time on camp increasing from reboot.

They instructed us to remove the MoH so inbetween reboots now. Is this the same fault?
Pops

ETA - Confirmed fault with file-based MoH only. Apparently the system consumes resources without releasing them. Frustratingly there are NO indications on either the front-end or via SysAdmin. Enquiring now for an ETA on the fix. Sorry for the thread hijack :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:04:10 AM by popolou »

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »

Mitel just asked us the same question for a fault we've just escalated to them. We're seeing every handset display saying "Waiting for Resources" and no calls can be made/received on trunks and IC. Nothing much appears on the diagnostics other than the number of camped calls & time on camp increasing from reboot.

They instructed us to remove the MoH so inbetween reboots now. Is this the same fault?
Pops

ETA - Confirmed fault with file-based MoH only. Apparently the system consumes resources without releasing them. Frustratingly there are NO indications on either the front-end or via SysAdmin. Enquiring now for an ETA on the fix. Sorry for the thread hijack :)

I had the same issue on an out of hours upgrade to V6, no calls could be made.

Turned File Based MOH off on the instruction of Mitel and the issue went away, this bug has now been fixed in V6 PR2.

Offline popolou

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 02:13:13 PM »

Pops

I had the same issue on an out of hours upgrade to V6, no calls could be made.

Turned File Based MOH off on the instruction of Mitel and the issue went away, this bug has now been fixed in V6 PR2.
Excellent thanks for the update. I will relay this to our support team and schedule an upgrade.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10