Author Topic: Can't backup any 3300 controller anymore  (Read 11488 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Can't backup any 3300 controller anymore
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:07:01 PM »
So I take care of several dozen 3300 controllers, never been an issue with backups as I have stayed on IE8 for a very long time and have been careful not to upgrade to 9/10. But a few weeks ago I had a problem with another manufacturers software and their tech support had me go to Windows Update and install ALL Windows updates available, not really thinking about it I just did it and had my IE upgraded to 10... Not a real issue with MCD 6 but several systems I take care of are older, all the way back to some still being on release 7.0, so IE8 is essential. Since then I have removed IE10 and downgraded back to IE8 and everything is working, except backups from controllers. On MCD versions, I can initiate a backup, it completes, and the window opens to have me save the file, I select Save and nothing happens, the window closes and no file is ever transferred. On older system that transfer with with the java tool, the little "progress" windows opens and closes immediately with nothing transferred, in either case the 3300 is happy and thinks the file transferred successfully.

On newer systems I have worked around it by FTPing the file to Filezilla on my laptop, but I should be able to do this... Any ideas what I am missing?

I have setup all internal IP's (10.x.x.x, 172.16-31.x.x, 192.168.x.x) to be in my Trusted Sites list, and lowered the security setting slider to the bottom, but nothing seems to help.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Can't backup any 3300 controller anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »
Not sure here but recently I've had to go through a couple of different system and make changes to the "Trusted sites" under the security tab.
Specifically I had to set the security level to "low" then click the custom level button and go through it carefully.
I don't know what specifically resolved the issue but that's how I've taken care of it at least three times recently.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »
Hmmm... sounds like a Windows update might have messed it up. I will try to play with it this afternoon and if I can find a fix I will share it.

EDIT: Well, it is definitely something in IE8 or Java that has changed. If I run Chrome IE Tab Multi Plug-In forced into IE8 mode it works, although there is a Java pop-up to confirm security and if you don't expand it and select the "Always allow from this server..." prompt, it will fail at transfer.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:23:16 PM by acejavelin »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:07:45 PM »
Have you tried anything from this thread:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1694276

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
Do this exactly as stated:

MITEL COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR

Article # 12-5191-00282
Symptoms 
After the latest Microsoft Windows update on September 24, 2012, the System Administration Tool (or ESM) does not provide the option to backup, and improperly reports that the ESM Backup/Restore page requires JAVA.
Background
After the Microsoft Windows Automatic Update is performed, when you launch ESM > Maintenance and Diagnostics > Backup or Restore, both ESM Backup and Restore pages display the message, “This page requires Java...” (as shown below) and you are unable to perform a backup or restore. In most cases, this problem is caused by an incompatibility in JavaScript, however, this error can also mean that the Java Runtime environment is not installed. Instructions for both possibilities are included in this bulletin.

Root Cause Analysis
The latest Windows Update is not compatible with the JavaScript used in the MCD software. To overcome the latest change with the Windows Update, Mitel is taking a proactive approach and providing a modified JavaScript to address this issue.

PC Platforms Affected:
We are currently only aware of the problem on PCs running Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9.

MCD Software Affected:
All MCD software versions from MCD 4.0 to the latest MCD 5.0 SP2 are potentially affected.

Workarounds
•   The short term workaround is to use the Software Installer to perform backup or restore (via the Full Installation menu options).
•   The current term workaround is to download the revised JavaScript and FTP it to your MCD platform. (See instructions below.)   
•   A long term solution will be made officially available in MCD 5.0 SP2 PR2 and MCD 6.0 or higher. These versions are scheduled for release in October and December 2012, respectively.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you perform the following workaround, ensure that you have the correct Java runtime environment installed by following the instructions that start on page 3.

To Download and FTP the Revised JavaScript:
You can use your preferred FTP client, or if you are not familiar with FTP, you can use the instructions below to use the FTP client supplied in the Windows operating system.
1.   Download the attached uwi_jretest.htm file and store it on your Windows PC (for example, in c:/patch).
2.   To open the Windows command line, click Start > Run…
3.   In the Run dialog, type cmd and then click OK.  A new DOS window opens, displaying the current path of C:/ < >
4.   Use the CD command to move to the folder/directory where you stored the uwi_jretest.htm file. For example, if you stored the file in C:/patch, type cd /patch.
5.   Start the FTP session by typing FTP <IP address of the MCD>. Enter the user name and password when prompted.
6.   Type cd  /sysro/webs/web/uwi/backup_restore and press Enter.
7.   Type bin and press Enter.
8.   Type rename uwi_jretest.htm uwi_jretest.ORIG
9.   Type put uwi_jretest.htm and press Enter.
10.   Type bye to exit the FTP session.
11.   Close the DOS window.

The Java script change is immediate.  You should be able to perform db backup immediately.

Determining Java Version
Since this error may also indicate that Java is not running properly, we suggest that you verify your Windows PC has the correct Java runtime environment.

1.   In a web browser, navigate to www. java.com and click Free Java Download.

2.   Click See all Java downloads.

3.   Click Verify Java has been installed correctly.

4.   Click Verify Java version.

5.   The correct Java Version 6 for ESM is shown here:

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »
Sorry.....you'll need this..........

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Can't backup any 3300 controller anymore
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »
Sorry.....you'll need this..........
Cool... I'll give it a shot soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10