Author Topic: Mitel 3300 MXe Fans  (Read 6061 times)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 MXe Fans
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:57:50 AM »
I thought I'd post my findings from my latest test. I bought a MXe off of ebay mostly for the raid controller to have a replacement since the old model is discontinued. It came with one bad fan and the other is on the way out. Spent some time researching a replacement only to find the original Sunon is no longer manufactured and old stock is hard to find. The original one specs said rpms were 3900 and the replacing model from Sunon would be 4300 I believe. Even that model was next to impossible to find in small quantities. I did find a Delta with very similar specs, 4000 rpms.

The model is Delta AFB0812SH-F00, I purchased one for $12.50 US and can confirm it works. Have a few more on order. If this helps any others that are cheap like me, it's all good. You could likely run the same in 2 wire mode for the CX CXi models, although there may be a cheaper replacement for them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:21:58 PM by ralph »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MXe Fans
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »
I would agree that nothing here is proprietary or overstepping ones bounds, the fans are a weak point for many controllers and finding users a viable solution at a reasonable cost that they can do themselves is kind of what this forum is meant for...

That being said, my issues would have little to do with the RPMs, I would imagine that as long as it is spinning in excess of 1000 RPM or so, the controller will say it's OK, but the replacement should have a similar CFM airflow rating, if it is too low replacing the fan is irrelevant and does no good, if it is too high it should be fine as long as it doesn't draw too much current.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 MXe Fans
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »
Did you try a blast of WD40 for grins? Helped me many times for similar things.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
That being said, my issues would have little to do with the RPMs, I would imagine that as long as it is spinning in excess of 1000 RPM or so, the controller will say it's OK, but the replacement should have a similar CFM airflow rating, if it is too low replacing the fan is irrelevant and does no good, if it is too high it should be fine as long as it doesn't draw too much current.

Totally agree. The specs are real close. Read quite a few spec sheets before selection

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »
The MXe fans are available as a field replacement part from Mitel. I believe the same fans are still used in the current model. Part number is 50005683.

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 02:51:45 PM »
I looked at the fans in an MXEII from the side and I saw:

Manufacturer Y.S. Tech. Model #NYW08025012BS. I couldn't find the model as it may be a discontinued one, but here is the site:

http://www.ystechusa.com/dcfans.htm

On the fan it states 12V, .45A

Good luck.l

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 12:00:24 AM »
The MXe fans are available as a field replacement part from Mitel. I believe the same fans are still used in the current model. Part number is 50005683

Yes I know this, but even with a discount they still are IMHO over priced. While I was hesitant to discuss this topic in a pulic forum, my desire was to inform my fellow techs who my be inclined to b crimp an acceptible replacement in place, that the one I used my be an alternative unit.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10