Author Topic: Diverting a DDI.  (Read 5574 times)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Diverting a DDI.
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:10:19 AM »
Have a customer that wants to divert a DDI off site. So I set up a key on a phone for the DDI and make sure I recieve the call (set for multicall and no ring) and then do a call rerouting always on the number to a system speed call which is programmed with the number it needs to go to (it has the 9 in front). But when I ring the DDI it gets nowhere with a call cannot be completed message from a SIP trunk and a out of service message from a BT trunk.

I have checked that the speedcall works and that is Ok and COS osf the set is to allow divert external and so is the trunk. I'm sure I have had this working on other sites so can anyone throw in any suggestestions to stop me pulling any more hair out.

Thanks

Tony

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Diverting a DDI.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 06:54:39 AM »
just a bit more info, if I set a call forward all to the same system speed call and make an internal call it works fine and diverts out of the system.....I know I'm missing something simple here...

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 07:25:08 AM »
I'm thinking it has something to do with replacing external CLID, just not 100% sure where it is for SIP.
If using MCD 6 look at the options under the 'Calling Line ID' tab for the SIP trunks.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:44:17 AM by sarond »

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:06 AM »
Is this a new carrier? Make sure the carrier is allowing everything they should. Not sure.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 08:26:38 AM »
OK, turned out to be the COR for the trunks....which was set to 5 which had 1-64 in hence restricting all.

Now just checking it states that a COR for trunks should not be set to a COR that has been allocated to a station... why is this? I think that it is because trunks and stations need to be set to different ones because of their different functions, yes?

If so I will just set another COR to reflect COR 1 which I am using at the moment and that should work, again tes?

I hate COR because I really struggle to understand it. We could do with a noddy guide to COR.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »
Setting the COR Override to yes in the system speed call should have resolved that.

But to answer your question regarding the COR for trunks, it's more of a security related issue.
You want to restrict your trunks from having a COR that would allow them dial out access in case some other layer of security gets screwed up.
Same for voice mail ports.
I then also restrict further (perhaps overkill) by setting the Maximum Digits dialed for the restricted CORs to the number of digits in an extension.

Generally I always try to lock down VM ports and trunks.  This does stop users from being able to forward their desk phone to their cell phones but then that's why the Mitel gods created that option in system speed dials.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:04:50 AM »
Bonk, see I told you it would be something simple....ticked the overide and bosh. Returned everything else to what it was. Mind you they could still forward calls to external from an internal call even with it set to not allow the trunks to dial trunks.

Can you explain a bit more about the VM ports Ralph please. I cannot find anywhere to set COR on VM ports or how to restrict COR's to digits? Unless its done through ARS?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »
The COR for the VM ports are set in the Station Attributes Form.

To restrict a COR to dialing 4 digits, edit the Maximum Digits Dialed form.
If for example your VM ports has a COR of 2 then set the Maximum Digits Dialed for COR 2 to be 4.
Now every device/port with a COR of 2 will only be able to dial 4 digits.

Here's my notes on setting up a secure ARS.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 10:39:21 AM »
Ah, makes sense now since you will assign trunks and VM ports with different max allowable digits  VM 4 and trunks 11 etc. if you bother with trunks since as you say ticking the override box lets the speeddial dial out. I suppose that if they gain access to the switch it wouldn't take them long to change some of these things and since most of ours are not available to the internet from outside that is umlikely to happen unless they compromise the network and that then is not our problem. We do use strongish passwords as well.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated as well.

Now if you want to explain COR restrictions in more detail I would be a very happy man. I have done it similar to you (taking into account the UK differences) for one client but generally most of our customers do not require much in the way of dialling restrictions. Its usually restricted to stopping them dialling 09 numbers and thats pretty easy to do with ARS.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
Now if you want to explain COR restrictions in more detail I would be a very happy man.

Ok.  Here's my shot at it. 

Class of Restriction (COR) defines what a device/port can do via ARS access.

When a call is made that routes VIA ARS, the digits dialed are analyzed to find a match.   (This is your ARS Digits Dialed Form)
When a match is found it is point to a route. (can be a route list also but that just means it's pointed to more than one route)
Within that route (ARS Routes form) it references the COR form to see if the device accessing the route is restricted.
For an example we'll use COR 11 from the COR form.
In COR 11 you'll see a listing of numbers that should look something like "1-10,16-64".
If the device or port that is making the call has a COR that falls within that range it is restricted from making the call.
So the only devices that can access that route are devices/ports/trunks that have a COR in the range of 11 through 15 assigned. 
Everything else is restricted.

When the MAX Digits form came into play, it allowed even greater restrictions by limiting how many digits a device can dial at all.
This form isn't generally necessary if ARS is set up correctly but I'll use it where restrictions are weak or to just add another layer of security to the system.    In my opinion, COR of 1 should always be restricted to only dialing internal extensions.  So I'll use the Max Digits form to restrict COR 1 to only being able to dial internal extension.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
Thanks Ralph.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10