Author Topic: Call forwarding to Voice Mail  (Read 9387 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Call forwarding to Voice Mail
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:30:09 AM »
In document, the 6.0 SP1 section talked about "Direct to voice mail" ports.

For sites which do not have such a dedicated link, we have typically created phantom extensions (Call Forwarded Always) to deliver the voice mail box information.
For large installs with tens of thousands of mailboxes, this is an onerous process, so we are introducing "direct to voice mail" ports. Calls on these ports will be automatically forwarded to the voice mail hunt group, along with the necessary mailbox information. Although primarily intended for NuPoint UM integration, there is no specific dependencies, allowing for other types of integrations.

If I'm reading this correctly, you can now forward calls directly to a voice mail port without having to use a phantom extension.  I've yet to figure out how this is done.   Help files aren't helping.   Anyone got a clue?  What form is it done in?

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
Re: Call forwarding to Voice Mail
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »
Hey Ralph. in "VM Mailboxes" I see a dropdown for "Transfer Only" under Mailbox Type. Do you think this will do it, or is that too simple?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:12:15 AM »
No.  That ain't it for sure.   That's a mailbox type to transfer out of AA and doesn't take messages.  Been there forever.

Ralph

Offline jrg0852

• Look out for the next tech. because it may be you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22:58 AM »
True. With more thought that has been around forever. That was too simple. We'll get it.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:53:14 AM »
Thought this has something to do with trunk service

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »
You just need to program the Voicemail's pilot number into the Call Coverage Services form, found within Call Routing -> Call Handling.

Then on the Voice Mail tab, enter the pilot number.

You can even create multiple service zones, so that if you are sharing this form via SDS and syncing it, another controller's phones can use Call Coverage Service Number 2 and get the right pilot number.

You then assign the Call Coverage Service number within the Service Details tab of User Config. Or Station Attributes if you like doing things old-school.

Then to transfer a caller into a voicemail box, you press the Envelope key, and either dial that person's extension or press a DSS/BLF key for them if you have it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:45:53 PM by bluewhite4 »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »
the way I was reading the docs I didn't think it had anything to do with the envelope key.
I was hoping to see something where I could program a DID number and route it directly to a VM box without having to create a phantom key.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 03:52:36 PM »
Sorry, I think I read your initial post wrong. I was looking at the "Direct Transfer to Voice Mail" That sends an active call to the requested user's voice mailbox without ringing the phone and waiting for the system to forward the call to the voice mail system.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
Ralph,

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I recently took the 6.0 Course and I am completely new to the MCD. I know the Inter-Tel Axxess and 5000 switches the knob on the back of my head, but this MCD is just too much to grasp in just a 1 week course.

Tandem Switch Support for Nupoint forwards incoming calls received across dial in trunks to a voice mailbox located on NuPoint or Embedded Mitel Express Messenger (EMEM). Forwarding to a voice mailbox is achieved through two new fields in the Trunk Attribute form; Dial In Trunks Answer Point and Dial In Trunks Insert Forwarding Information. For example, suppose "6135921234" is the called party number digits on the incoming trunk. The 6 leading digits "613592" are absorbed by programming the "Dial-In Trunks Incoming Digit Modification - Absorb" field. The "Dial In Trunks Insert Forwarding Information" field is set to "Yes" and the "Dial In Trunks Answer Point" field is programmed with the voice mail system destination digits. The forward from information contains the voice mailbox number "1234" and the call is directed to that mailbox to leave or listen to messages.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks,

TE

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
Just a thought but how does the Nupoint know which mailbox to go to without a forwarding extension? Is the Nupoint able to read the called number ( I know it can read the calling number ).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »
LoopLou,

If I understand what I have read correctly I believe that the "Dial In Trunks Insert Forwarding Information" field being set to "Yes" is what provides the NuPoint with the forwarding information that directs it to the correct mailbox.

Thanks,

TE

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:57 AM »
Interesting, what does it then send to the Nupoint as I imagine that would have to be the voicemail box?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »
LoopyLou,

In this example that I read it seems that you would need to insert or absorb digits that are sent in

For example, suppose "6135921234" is the called party number digits on the incoming trunk. <- This would be the incoming DID or DDI depending on your country; right.

The 6 leading digits "613592" are absorbed by programming the "Dial-In Trunks Incoming Digit Modification - Absorb" field. <- So they absorbed all but the last 4 digits, 1234, of the number

The "Dial In Trunks Insert Forwarding Information" field is set to "Yes" and <- This allows the trunks to insert the 1234 into the forwarding information

The "Dial In Trunks Answer Point" field is programmed with the voice mail system destination digits. <- This is Voicemail Hunt Group Pilot number

The forward from information contains the voice mailbox number "1234" and the call is directed to that mailbox to leave or listen to messages. <- You would need a Mailbox created on the VM that matches the forwarding information

I believe this would even work for like a Multi-Tech Fax Finder as it needs a voicemail hunt group to work properly as well; I just figured that out while writing this up yeah me!

Thanks,

TE

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 06:20:55 PM »
interesting will have to try.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10