Author Topic: Disable calling out of Voicemail?  (Read 3450 times)

Offline TheKingofMean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Disable calling out of Voicemail?
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:30:16 PM »
Some people managed to hack into our system and dial out from within a voicemail.  Is there a way to disable this function?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Disable calling out of Voicemail?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:32:02 PM »
Voice mail is included in Extension List P0051, which is the default for outgoing access on trunk groups. You can create a new extension list, minus voice mail, and apply it to outgoing access. Just remember to manually update the list when adding new stations.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:19:16 AM »
I tried to find something on Mitel's KB regarding locking down the system like they have on the 3300.
Couldn't find one.
Perhaps someone else will have better luck than I did.

Ralph

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:26:13 AM »
I would suggest monitoring the SMDR output in SysAd to find what device the calls are being made by. You hackers are most likely accessing the system through the voice processor, but the outbound call is not being placed by the voice Mail application. The are a few ways to stop the outbound calls, but first you need to determine which device (extension, Application...) is placing the call.

Offline TheKingofMean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:52:56 AM »
First off I should mention that I implemented 6digit-pin codes and got Integra to turn on a long distance "dial out" code.  So there aren't any suspicious outgoing call anymore, however we still have an extension that is getting tons of 1-3 sec voicemails left during the wee hours of the morning from all sorts of random numbers.

When we step away from Integra in a month or so, we will no longer have that dial out code.

DND ON: Is there a way to make a copy of P0051 and remove the voicemail from the new list?  How do I apply it to outgoing access?

emueller:  I would like to disable outbound calls from all extensions, unless the number is physically dialed from the endpoint.  Is this possible?

Thanks for your help, I just got thrown into all of this and am still trying to figure out what I can.

Where do I set the username/password for ssh access?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 09:06:41 AM »
There is no way to 'dial through' the 5000 Built In VM as fas as I know, it's possible to set up external notification of a VM being left but that's it.

Did you have someone manage to turn this on and point it to an external Premium Rate number then leave loads of VMs or something?

Enterprise Messaging would be a different kettle of fish and i've no idea about dial though via this platform.

I'm very happy to be proved wrong though on this!!

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »
Most toll fraud issues being seen today in the 5000 product are SIP related. If your not using SIP. close port 5060 at the firewall. If you are using SIP, look at IP access rules.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10