Author Topic: Hello! Mitel SX50 Question  (Read 2265 times)

Offline dmmikerpg

• View Profile
Hello! Mitel SX50 Question
« on: October 31, 2013, 03:20:58 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm Mike from Aberdeen MD. We have a Mitel SX-50 (with a date of September 1987) and was wondering a few things. The most important is (and I don't want to open it to find out if I don't have to): what kind of power supply does it use, and what kind/size hard drive? It would be nice to be able to have extras (plus some cloned drives) so I don't have to stay awake at night worrying about the poor thing.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:26:59 AM by ralph »

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 06:33:45 AM »
Hi Mike

The SX-50 doesn't have a Hard Drive, it's all on Chips on the main backplane, the PC in the picture is probably a Call Logger of some kind??

The PSU is also particular to the SX-50, if you take the lid off you will see it on the left hand side of the system.

Spares should be plentiful (if rather old) for this system as they have mostly been taken out!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Hello! Mitel SX50 Question
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »
Pretty sure the PC in that picture is a third-party voice mail server, many are standard PCs and use mostly standard PC components, some are proprietary. The one in the picture looks pretty familiar to me but I am having a problem recognizing it, but it might be a Comdial/Keyvoice Small Office Lite or similar Keyvoice PC based server, and if memory servers me right it is about half and half off-the-shelf components and proprietary components, but it has been so long it is tough to remember the details.

The tough part with these isn't usually the hardware, as long as it's standard PC components, the tough part is usually the software... Many used proprietary OSs, and sometimes DOS, OS/2, Coherent, and other various ones, but rarely something the average person has laying around, plus the VM software itself is usually impossible to find as many of those companies are out of business or older models are no longer supported in any way.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:55:25 AM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10