Author Topic: 5550 Not Ringing  (Read 3437 times)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
5550 Not Ringing
« on: October 30, 2013, 10:17:31 PM »
I've got a 5550 that for reasons that are unknown completely just decides to stop ringing at times. It may work for hours or days, then suddenly stop. The calls are still presented to the queue and the operator can answer them, but the keypad itself just doesn't ring.

Rebooting the keypad or the PC may or may not fix things. Generally it doesn't fix it.
One fix was to unplug the headset then reboot the keypad, another was to push the mute key on the keypad. One fix might work once, but not the next time, and it might fix it for an hour, two, half a day, or even a day, but nothing permanent.
When it stops ringing it can just happen out of the blue. One call can come in it rings and is answered and then the next doesn't ring. No reason it seems.

The system is running mcd 6 sp1, various versions of 5550 software has been tried.
PC and console are on separate vlan's (and seperate cables) with routing in between, and nothing stopping traffic either way. PC has had AV disabled, firewall disabled, java updated, etc, all to rule things out.

Anyone seen anything similar before?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5550 Not Ringing
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:23:10 AM »
Check the COS for the console and make sure the Attendant Busy Out Timer is set to 1440 (this disables the option). I would bet that is the problem.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 08:16:23 AM »
There is a feature in the software to turn the bell off.   When it happens is there a slash through the Bell icon?   Clicking it should reactivate it.

Ralph

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »
Check the COS for the console and make sure the Attendant Busy Out Timer is set to 1440 (this disables the option). I would bet that is the problem.
Just checked and confirmed it, and it is set to 1440 for the consoles COS.
There is a feature in the software to turn the bell off.   When it happens is there a slash through the Bell icon?   Clicking it should reactivate it.

Ralph
Pretty sure that the bell icon doesn't have the slash, but i'll double check it if it happens again.

At the moment it it working.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10