Author Topic: how to "test" email settings...  (Read 8261 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
how to "test" email settings...
« on: October 29, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »
I'm finally back in my email settings that was previously locked out.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer suggestions on how to "test" email settings?

I'm trying to get our voicemail to email to work again...but I don't see any where that I can "test" after making changes.

Most programs have a tool to test the email that will verify if the settings are correct...it appears the only way to do so on the mitel 5000 is to make a change, then try leaving a voice mail message...then see if it work.  If it didn't work, make a change again to the settings, leave another voice mail and check again.

Seems very slow.  Like I said, most software I've seen has a "test" function to verify settings without having to do all the back/forth.

Is there such a thing on the mitel 5000 db programming?

Thanks,

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: how to "test" email settings...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
If you have any experience with the old Axxess/VPU, then you have used AvdapMon to watch VM processes on a VPU. It is very similar to the EMs "Event Viewer". It can be used to watch the UVM on a 5000 as well and would be the tool I would use to watch process in real-time.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
There is no "test" function, the best way is to just setup a mailbox with Forward and Copy, leave a message and try it. You can then check the mail and avdap logs from the web console and see where/if it is failing.

Offline emueller

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 09:42:16 AM »
You can use MS Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail with the same settings from DBP. Once either of them work, the same setting should work in DBP.
the mail.mainlog will show you the error if it is not working.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
I think I have used Avdapmon in the past to debug 5000 embedded voicemail but wasn't this via a USB cable? If there is a way to see this remotely I would be much intrigued?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »
JasonTaylor,

If you are referring to the maintenance menu you get when you use the USB-B port on the front of the Mitel 5000 then you can do that from a PC with TELNET. There was also a tool that was bundled with the earlier version of the software for the Mitel 5000 that also allowed you to view diagnostics as well as send in OAI commands, but that is no longer provided since the System Administration and Diagnostics [SAaD] versions have come out. If you loaded versions 1, 2, or 3 prior to SAaD then most likely you still have it on your laptop within your Mitel 5000 software directory.

Thanks,

TE

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 04:25:13 AM »
Thanks TE

I have just tried to telnet to our test 5000 in house and it does not connect (v6) but I thought the security on these boxes was upped to SSH which does allow me to get into the diagnostics management interface but I don't see anything to do with voicemail?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »
One might consider to use a MSL as a proxy. You don't have to license for the smtp capabilty if I'm not mistaken.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
Jason - I copied the AVDAPMon Folder from an old VPU onto my root drive. It just contains the exe and a log. Then I created a shortcut to the exe on my desktop. It connects via IP, and I change the system IP I connect to by going into the shortcuts properties and modifying the target IP address.

Example of my shortcut target:    C:\AVDAPMon\avdapmon.exe "192.168.0.10" "."

This example targets our house 5200 UVM (192.168.0.10). This will allow you to watch VM realtime on a VPU (Axxess) or UVM (5000).

To use this tool remotely, I have had success connecting to 5200's that are NATed, but it depends on the firewall setup. You amy need A VPN or some way to get your PC on the system's LAN. I've also installed AVDAPMon onto Windows PC's with LogMeIn that are running APPS locally to provide onsite troubleshooting tools with remote access.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »
JasonTaylor,

Sorry for the late reply, but you are correct you can not get to Voicemail information from the USB connection on the front of the System or through Telnet. To access that would require the Remote Monitor Tool or the AVDAPMon.exe that 619Tech has explained to you.

As I stated earlier these tools used to be provided in earlier version of the database programming software, but when the System Administration and Diagnostics Tool came out those were no longer part of the bundle. I suggest getting an original copy of the Session Manager Version 2.0 software as I am sure it was bundled with that.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10