Author Topic: DOA  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
DOA
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »
Has anyone had issues lately with hardware being crap out of the box? I received an MXeIII to prep for an install and it wouldn't see the ibutton. No big deal, this happens some times. Call support and got the RMA on it, but the replacement one has a SDRAM error and won't boot. So I pulled the RAM from the first one and installed it in the second one, worked for an hour or so and now it is just rebooting over and over again.

Did a new company start manufacturing these things or something? I have never had this kind of problems with new hardware.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DOA
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:43:40 AM »
I really hope this doesn't become a problem, I'm sure we all depend on these systems being reliable.
Although one of the last MXe III I got had the power connector for the RAID controller soldered on upside down on the board. (This meant all the pin outs were wrong)
This would not have been an issue if I wasn't installing a RAID controller.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:44:51 AM »
I just had to swap the processors between these two so I could have one working controller. Not cool.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »
Becoming more and more common now eevrything is made in china.....I think its a function of them trying to keep the price down whilst still still making a return for them and the dealer.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
Most common DOA item at the moment is the 5550 consoles. Though some say that they are never alive anyway  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10