Author Topic: Line DND set by time  (Read 2923 times)

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
Line DND set by time
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:32:26 AM »
Hi,

Is it possible to have single lines DND and point to a different number based on times?

Thanks for your help,
Andy

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Line DND set by time
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:33:13 AM »
you can call reroute based on day/night1/night2.

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:05:20 AM »
Thats a logical suggestion, our day modes are setup as below.

PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULE IS OFF                                             
PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULE DAY IS OFF                                         
PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULED DAY: DAILY 09:00:00                               
PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULE NIGHT1 IS OFF                                       
PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULED NIGHT1: DAILY 17:00:00                             
PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULE NIGHT2 IS OFF                                       
PROGRAMMED SERVICE SCHEDULED NIGHT2: DAILY 18:00:00     

We need a multicall line to transfer to an Australia number when the UK Office closes at 21:30. 

Normally this would not be an issue as all our customer lines are ACD, and we have a PARK function setup that puts all Queues into DND using a feature access code.

Problem here is they wanted a multiline, not ACD.  So i need to figure out a way to have this setup in a similar fashion.

If its as simple as setting a key to put that line into DND, and have the DND point to a number then I'm all for it.  Unfortunately I am very new to the Mitel system and dont know how to do this, if its possible?

I can go down the Night mode route, but I'm not sure what is already configured to work from that night1/night2 and don't want to change the NIGHT 2 to 21:30.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:18:03 AM »
If you look in the call reroute always form you will see columns for day, night 1 and night 2. You can configure a different callreroute for each of these so that when the system changes its state then the new call rerouting takes over and directs the appropriate number to a new destination. 

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »
Thanks loopylou,

Yes that makes sense but I need the calls to transfer at 21:30, meanign I would have to set Night 2 to 21:30.  I wanted to avoid this as it may effect other programming.

Perhaps a set-up like Call re-routing first alternative for the Mutliline to point to our main ACD queue - which will all be in DND mode?

So if someone rings the number the CRR will kick in, then 1st alternative will transfer to our main number which call forwards to Australia?

Or am I confusing things?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
A number that is call rerouted will not necessarily follow another device ( or ACD Queues ) routing. Typically a extension will try its first alernative and then its second alternative. Only way to be sure is test it. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »
You could run a program on a pc with a modem that dials the necessary code. Something like dialer engine pro

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »
Here is the what I have tested to get this working.  the solution has evolved from the subject.  It is now "Get multicall line to transfer to another line if not picked up and continue on path of 1st alternative."

The multicall line is setup as ext 0207 100 2000.  Our main Customer service line is put into DND every night at 21:30, this points to an Australian number.

0207 100 7777 points to 3000 in the Tel Dir.  3000 is setup as an ACD queue path.  I have created a call reroute 1st alternative #10 that points to THIS directory number 3000.

Under the call reouting table I have set number 2000 1st alternative to number 10.  So when I call 0207100 2000, if no one picks up within the COS time (15 sec) then the reroute points to the 1st alt:  #10 which is set to point to 3000.

During the day this works fine, if no one picks up 2000 it reroutes to our customer services line 3000 and (I think) goes into the ACD queue before being picked up.

The problem is when that line 3000 goes into DND and points to our Australian number in the evening my call rerouting does not go with it.  It just keeps ringing the Multicall line and the 1st alternative doesn't seem to kick in.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
Do you have anything programmed in "Path Unavailable Answer Point Directory Number" for the ACD path? Once your last agent logs out, that should be where calls to the ACD path get routed (I think, I'm a bit rusty on my ACD).

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 06:35:47 PM »
I've managed to sort out the issue.  I needed to set a Speed call to the full number (02071007777), then use the speed call number in the 1st alternative THIS number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10