Author Topic: Moving system to new office - New PRI provider - Need advice  (Read 3397 times)

Offline motzilla

• View Profile
Moving system to new office - New PRI provider - Need advice
« on: October 23, 2013, 03:57:33 AM »
Hello all, I need some help and was hoping that I can get some guidance here. We don't have a service contract on our unit as it's kinda old and we now own it. A local service provider wants to charge us $3,500 to setup our CS-5200 to the new location and get the PRI setup on it. I think that's pretty steep and would like to move the system myself if possible. 

We are currently have a T1 PRI through twtelecom with 11 DID's. Our new location will have a T1 PRI provided by COX and all the DID's will be porting over. No new DID's are getting added or removed.

What (if anything) do I need to configure on the CS-5200 to accept the new DID? I have the admin username and password so I can make the changes if necessary.

CS-5200
Program Version: 2.4.1.30
System Version: 2.4.1.29
The LAN Subnet will NOT be changing.

Thx again in advance.

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Moving system to new office - New PRI provider - Need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »
Being a new installer, only having installed 1 system with a t1 line. I was lucky the CO tech was very helpful and patient...

You need to understand how the call flow is programming in your system
The main thing to look at are
On the t1/pri main page you need to make sure that the ISDN switch type is correct for what the new provider has at the CO
You also need to look at the ring in type at “System -> devices and feature codes -> CO trunk groups”
And the patterns shown in “System -> trunk-related info -> call routing table” matches the number of digits that they are sending you. Also make sure your main trunk number is listed.
You will also have to activate the line with the telco
Like I said, I am a very green installer, there might be more that my inexperience lacks.

If you do attempt to move it yourself, what is you contingency plan for support if you run into trouble?

Best of luck and keep us posted as to what you end up doing and the results

Paul

Offline motzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I have found another service provider in our area that will only charge us $400 \ hour (after hour rate) So we're decided to go ahead and use them instead. I will however watch what the tech does and will report back.

thanks again for sharing.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »
It should be a simple move, Your only worry is witha PRI protocol change. All other programming sould remain consistant. IMHO

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »
Are your endpoints digital or IP?

Offline motzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 03:36:58 AM »
All endpoints are digital and afaik the circuit will be configure the same. I have a call in with COX to confirm this.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 08:29:34 AM »
With digital phones, there is quite a bit that you can do in advance to reduce your overtime costs. Make sure that every voice cable is properly terminated and labeled, so cross-connects can be done quickly.

Test every voice jack to make sure the correct pairs are terminated. Remember, you need pins 3 and 6 for your digital phones. If some idiot installed the jacks with only pins 4 and 5, it’s a lot of labor to fix them. While you’re at it, make sure the jacks are wired consistently – either 586A or 586B. If some are different, the phone won’t come up. Either document it or fix it.

Then there are the obvious items that are often overlooked: is there backboard space, is there power, has the PRI circuit been extended from the demarc? Make sure everything is in place for your installation to be plug and play.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10