Author Topic: Using embedded VM to record calls  (Read 2730 times)

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
Using embedded VM to record calls
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:39:31 AM »
Setup: Mitel 3300 Mxe - MCD 4 - ISDN 30 - 5312's - Embedded VM with Advanced options.
I'm experimenting with this and can't get it to work (to record that is).
Record A Call set to active and Save recording on hang up is enbled in DDI ext's COS that I'm using to test. DDI ext has a key progammed for 'record a call' and has voicemail assigned to it. Trunk COS doesn't have COV/ONS/E&M VM Port enabled which is part of the requirement. I'm testing on a call made over the ISDN 30. When I press the assigned 'record a call' button it doesn't light up and nothing displays on the ext's display - and of course no recording is made in VM.

Does the Record A Call options need enabling on the ISDN's COS as well may be ? Any other checks / suggestions please ?

Thanks

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
Re: Using embedded VM to record calls
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:52:45 AM »
I just reread the help files. I think it is because I need to create a 'recorder' hunt group. Could someone explain a typical setup please. At the moment we dial 8000 for VM which is a hunt group containing ext's 8001 to 8020. I need a bit more info on this new hunt group that is needed as I don't want to cause problems with the VM hunt group. Thanks.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:06:14 AM »
I just created a new hunt group with the type set to 'recorder' and put all 4 of the VM ports in it (OK according to help files) and it works and does not affect VM itself. Depending on how much recording you are doing you may well not need all 20 ports in the hunt group.

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:10:08 AM »
Thank you. Hunt group created. I will test just using the one port at the moment. Still not working though. I think I have missed a step. How does the system know when I press the 'record a call' button on the ext to use this new hunt group that I have created ?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 07:36:06 AM »
check your key to make sure you have it set correctly and also that you have a feature access code for record a call.

Best way may be to start again and follow the help files implicitly. Also check the user forms for record a call using different sets.

You have got the advanced vm option and its set ?

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »
Right we are on to something now. Yes, in System Options, Advanced VM is set to yes.

In the multiline set key assignment form a feature key 'record a call' is available to set. Which I have done and doesn't seem to start the recording manually. If however in the COS I do a yes for recording a call active, recording automatically and recording on hang up it does record and the button lights up. So the recording functionality is there its just the option to start to record the call manually by using a button isnt available. So I'll need to use a feature access code instead ? In the Feature access code assignment form though there isn't a code for 'record a call' and there isn't an add button to add one either - just change. How do I add one ?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:01:43 AM by LeoAbse »

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »
Update: it's working...
It's been working it seems since creating the recorder hunt group earlier. The problem was that i wasnt holding down the record a call button on the handset for long enough. I was just giving it a quick press but it needs about a 1-2 second press, then release then the light comes on. Conflicting instructions though on it's operation (5312) - one source states that the key can't be used to stop the recording and one source says it can. Can anyone confirm ?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10