Author Topic: IP Console 5550 software alternative  (Read 1592 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
IP Console 5550 software alternative
« on: October 21, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a Mitel software product out there that can be used to replace the physical IP console 5550. A customer has requested we investigate this possibility as they want to get rid of their physical consoles. The have a cluster of 5 controllers in different locations and 2 IP consoles. The consoles are on different sites and go present/absent depending on which office is available. To the incoming caller, it all seems like the calls are going to one place. The console operator then transfers the call as required.  The controllers are on MCD 5.0 sp2 and they have a MAS server as well. Users communicate using UCA. I have thought about using the console option in UCA but I'm not sure if this will be sufficient enough to handle such an environment.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers!

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: IP Console 5550 software alternative
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 09:06:40 AM »
Not aware of any alternatives. Have one site using the UCA console sucessfully but that site has pretty smalll call volumes due to their use of DID's for their users and a speech enable AA in a Nupoint as a front end for the calls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10