Author Topic: Proper way to view global call log...  (Read 3116 times)

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
Proper way to view global call log...
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:07:32 AM »
I've never found a proper spot to view the call log. 

People will come up to me an ask "I just missed a call, and can not find what number called me"

Then, I look and come up with nothing.

In the attached, (below) i've used to track out-going calls should people have any questions.   Sometimes they forget who they called and need the number from a few days ago.  I can do this easily with the extension number and the approx time...

...but this does not work for Incoming calls as there are no dialed digits.

What is the proper way to globally view incoming calls, numbers (CID), duration and extension?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Proper way to view global call log...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:43:05 AM »
If you use the User Portal it gives you made missed and received calls but I think it might only be the last ten calls, same as if you use the feature code 333 for call logging.

The other way is to get a Xarios Application server and install the free client on everyones PC, shows them the last week or so (dependant on call volume) made, missed and received calls. In the UK this comes free with every 5000 from Mitel, you might have to check in the US and Canada what the deal is.

Have a look at www.xarios.com for details.

Offline unclejemima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:57:27 AM »
Thanks.  Funny there is no call log in the Mitel itself.  I mean, it could be a simple text file showing incoming and out going calls.

Every other day, something else surprises me on the Mitel.  Typically, not for the good ;)  Its like the guys at Mitel are not using their own equipment...but I've had this rant before, and so have other.  On with life I guess.

This Xarios looks similar to the Mitel Unified Communicator we are running.  They have a new version, but I'm still waiting for them to give me the link for the download.

There is probably a call logging feature, but I don't imagine it would be global, rather one would have to be logged on to the specific user and also have each PC connected to each phone.  This works for the sales guys, but the warehouse staff has only a phone and not a PC.

There must be some other creative way to get a simple in/out call log?  Date&Time, Duration, Number and Extension.  That's all one would need.

Is there anything else you can think of?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 03:57:30 AM »
There's the user log which I have posted a screen shot of, but like you say this will require access to a PC.

Feature Code 333 will show you the same info all on the phones display for users without PCs

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10