Author Topic: Voicemail Password Policies and an error code. Mitel 5000  (Read 2812 times)

Offline TheKingofMean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail Password Policies and an error code. Mitel 5000
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
Hi!  I tried searching first, but couldn't find what I'm looking for.  Please forgive me if this has been asked already.

I'd like to implement password policies for our voicemail system: Disallowing specific codes, setting a required length, and maybe forcing a 90 day expiry.

Some guy at Integra convinced my boss it was possible, but didn't say how... and I haven't been able to figure it out.

Secondly:  I have one endpoint that is displaying "EMERGENCY ALARM 4555 ALICE", the 5000 is also displaying the same message.  In the DB management program I see nothing under System Alarm ID, and the module under System Status labeled "Alarms" is "not installed"

Hopefully I didn't just spew and some of this makes sense. 

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:13:28 AM by ralph »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail Password Policies and an error code.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »
Emergency Alarm means Alice called 911.
No real password policies in built-in vmail, but can in optional NuPoint.

Offline canadaed

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail Password Policies and an error code. Mitel 5000
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:04:40 AM »
Is there a way for the user to change the email gateway password other than using DB admin? As a tech hired to do changes for this customer, i do not want to know the password. I guess I could open up DB admin, and let them enter the password. It would be nice if this change could be done via web access.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »
Canadaed,

Not with the built-in Voicemail there isn't, but you could give them their own login credentials and make sure they have access to only the things you want and the E-Mail Gateway information could be one of those. That way they can go in and make changes as necessary if it is part of their policy to change them on a regular basis.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »
I can change voicemail passwords by logging into the phone system web portal as a "normal" user.  Go to "My Account" and it's under "change passwords"  You'll have to set up web access for everyone, but that's just a one time thing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10