Author Topic: Scripted user/agent/telephone directory creation  (Read 2731 times)

Offline djmitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Scripted user/agent/telephone directory creation
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »
Hello,

Systems:
- several Mitel 3300 nationally
- Visual workflow manager in one site
- CCM software for call centre reporting

When a new user is employed we must configure the user in several systems: Active directory, exchange, apps that use oracle DB, and so on.
We are slowly automating the user and account creation processes in our systems and have now turned to the phone systems.
We would like to be able to script the creation of Agent IDs, telephone directory entries, Skill groups, and so on.

is this possible at all?

thanks for any advice,
DJM

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: Scripted user/agent/telephone directory creation
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
The answer would be not really. You can "automate" the creation of new users using "roles and templates" in the 3300 and  syncing it to AD, but the closest you would get to the ACD part ( skill groups ) would be to create a spreadsheet and import it into the 3300. The other point is that ACD is not something you typically just bang in as it takes some consideration of the goals that a particular ACD group wants. You are creating paths, agent ID's, skill groups, recorded announcements, reroute points etc, etc, etc.

Offline djmitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
The answer would be not really. You can "automate" the creation of new users using "roles and templates" in the 3300 and  syncing it to AD, but the closest you would get to the ACD part ( skill groups ) would be to create a spreadsheet and import it into the 3300. The other point is that ACD is not something you typically just bang in as it takes some consideration of the goals that a particular ACD group wants. You are creating paths, agent ID's, skill groups, recorded announcements, reroute points etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Roles and templates: I did not know about that feature. I will look into that as it may do most of what I need to do
Upload from spreadsheet: would you be able to point me in the direction, i.e. menu option, for this feature so that I can investigate further?

thanks for any advice.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:03:42 AM »
AD can integrate to the MCD to help create users but it does need roles and templates to be defined. So you can create templates by set type like 5320, 5330 and 5340's ( including basic keys ) and roles such as sales or ACD etc. This does some of the donkey work of creating a new users. Check the help files for more detail.
          AD can also integrate to a voicemail and some of the other advanced apps that Mitel sells.

For import export you will see most forms in the MCD will allow you to export/import. If you export a form to excel then you will see the format of the data you must use. You can then fill it out and import it. I have often added users in this fashion ( usually large numbers of users ).

Offline djmitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »
AD can integrate to the MCD to help create users but it does need roles and templates to be defined. So you can create templates by set type like 5320, 5330 and 5340's ( including basic keys ) and roles such as sales or ACD etc. This does some of the donkey work of creating a new users. Check the help files for more detail.
          AD can also integrate to a voicemail and some of the other advanced apps that Mitel sells.

For import export you will see most forms in the MCD will allow you to export/import. If you export a form to excel then you will see the format of the data you must use. You can then fill it out and import it. I have often added users in this fashion ( usually large numbers of users ).

Thanks for the good info.

cheers!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10