Author Topic: UCA 6 with 3300  (Read 1921 times)

Offline s97ai

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA 6 with 3300
« on: October 07, 2013, 12:30:24 PM »
Hi I managed to configure SIP softphone on the mobile phone(iphone), but I am unable to make any external calls its says its forbidden.Also what IP should uca.domain.com be resolving, where would I find that info since our MAS and UCA servers are two different servers. MAS server IP is being used for TW.
2nd question any tips on how to configure AWC

Thanks

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: UCA 6 with 3300
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:15:40 PM »
There are a few too many variables and bits of information missing to give you an answer straight off the bat, so I'll dig a bit deeper.

So the SIP soft phone registers to an MBG server? uca.domain.com should resolve to the public IP address of the MBG server.

Configuring AWC (or MCA as it is now known as) is best done by your VAR/Mitel Partner. It isn't an easy task, and beyond what can be detailed on here, plus it should be installed by a trained Mitel Tech, as otherwise you wont get any support from Mitel on any issues you may have. There is a difference between configuring MCA for internal use, and then breaking it out so that it can be used externally as well, as that then requires the MBG server with the Remote Proxy Services on it.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: UCA 6 with 3300
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 09:11:38 AM »
Ussuming the SIP softphone can call internal numbers. The SIP softphone will need to have an appropriate COR in the 3300 to allow it to make external calls.

If the SIP softphone is only going to be used on the local network you could resolve directly to the UCA server. If you want to use it outside the building then the SIP soft phone would need to go through your MBG to reach the UCA server.

Tip for installing a MCA would be to read through the installation guide.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10