Author Topic: Campon tones not working  (Read 2261 times)

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
Campon tones not working
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
Mitel 3300 - MCD 4
This is for external incoming (on an ISDN) calls. They come into a DDI ext which forwards to a hunt group with 4 ext's. If no one picks up in the hunt group, the call goes back to the DDI ext's VM. If all 4 ext's are in use and a fifth call comes in I would expect to hear a campon tone on all 4 of the hunt group ext's to notify that there is a call waiting (if the COS had Camp-on Tone Security/FAX Machine = no)- is that right ? Have I understood it correctly as at the moment there is no tone on those 4 ext's.

The COS with Camp-on Tone Security/FAX Machine = no is both on the DDI ext and the ISDN's COS. In fact it seems set to 'no' on all our COS's.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:24:45 AM by LeoAbse »

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
Re: Campon tones not working
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:58:33 AM »
Is it something to do with the auto campon timer in the COS and what is this timer for (the time the phone needs to ring before a campon tone is heard) ?

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
Re: Campon tones not working
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 04:32:18 AM »
I think I have worked it out now. With Camp-on Tone Security/FAX Machine = no and the auto campon timer set to a time eg 5 secs and not left blank / empty on all the COS's of the deivces involved along the route, it will work IF, there isn't a 1st Alt or 2nd Alt set up to fwd when busy e.g. to VM.

For example, I have a DDI ext with no 1st or 2nd Alt set - it will just ring and ring if someone calls it. So if  someone does make a call to it and I answer it.... then a second call comes in to it whilst I'm still on the line, I hear a short beep/tone and the display changes on the handset stating that a call is waiting. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:18:30 AM by LeoAbse »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10