Author Topic: System Reset Type = 'Major Reset From Software Watchdog Thread'  (Read 3086 times)

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
System Reset Type = 'Major Reset From Software Watchdog Thread'
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:08:28 PM »
One of our customer sites had their Mitel 5000 (6.0) crash this morning. This customer has 2 sites linked with a dedicated 25mbps fiber connection. Each site has a node and the two are networked. Yesterday they were receiving insufficient bandwidth errors from site 2 and calls between sites were dropping. Site 1 crashed and reset this morning. The logs files show "System Exception Occured" and "System Reset Type = 'Major Reset From Software Watchdog Thread'" Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: System Reset Type = 'Major Reset From Software Watchdog Thread'
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:52:14 PM »
Turns out it was a bad phone. Amazing how a single bad phone can cripple a network so drastically. Bandwidth went from 23/20 to .3/10 when the phone was plugged in!!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
Good to know.

I had a site crippled because somebody decided to connect the PC port of an IP phone back to the wall outlet which caused a loop in their switch.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
Good to know.

I had a site crippled because somebody decided to connect the PC port of an IP phone back to the wall outlet which caused a loop in their switch.

I've had exactly that, when I got to site the customer had powered off the system and unpatched every phone blaming the phone system for bringing the network down.

Was so happy to find the user error in one of the offices :)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 06:00:48 PM »
Good to know.

I've had exactly that, when I got to site the customer had powered off the system and unpatched every phone blaming the phone system for bringing the network down.

Was so happy to find the user error in one of the offices :)
Me too...LOL 8)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10