Author Topic: Remote Access and DDI query  (Read 2225 times)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Remote Access and DDI query
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
Hello

Been a long time 5000 engineer and booked in to do the MCD course at the end of November.

In the mean time my company has taken on a 3300 MXE ICP V8 who want a few changes making, done the easy stuff, changed some names, re-programmed some buttons.

We remotely access it at the minute using Logmein to the receptionists PC, not the best solution!

I gather you remotely access a 3300 normally by creating a VPN to it, can anyone tell me what ports need to be forwarded on the router and any gotchas in the setup as it seems fairly straight forward from what I can determine on the 3300.

Also and this is a bit embarrassing, I can't seem to find how to configure DDI destinations! The 5000 has a nice table with the DDI digits on the left and the destination, whether it be a group or phone on the right, I can't find anything similar on any of the forms on this 3300  ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Access and DDI query
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
In general the ports you need access to are 80 & 443.   You can also use 23 and 2002.

As for the DDI, there really isn't such a table.   The fact that an extension matches the incoming digits on of a DID makes it a dial-able number.
But...   A lot of setups use the system speed dial table to do what you're looking for.   The take the DDI number as the speed dial and point it to the extension number.

Ralph

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:15:09 PM »
Cool, thanks for this Ralph.

The DDI digits were in the speed dial forms as you said!

So does the system search extn numbers, hunt group numbers and the speed dial tables to match an incoming number then route it to whatever matches??

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »
So does the system search extn numbers, hunt group numbers and the speed dial tables to match an incoming number then route it to whatever matches??

That's correct.
At one time in life I even knew what order it searched on.  Long forgotten now.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:19:42 AM »
err, surely you set up a VPN to the router i.e. router to router (or firewall)? Or are you saying that the 3300 has inbuilt VPN that you can connect to? We always use a radmin to a server on the clients site as its another layer of security without the arsing about VPN can give....

Although a ssl session may be a better option router to router.....

or am I talking rubbish again?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10