Author Topic: Calls not transffering out of VM  (Read 8193 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Calls not transffering out of VM
« on: September 26, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »
Hello,

I have a main line go to vm and this vm has options setup to transfer out to other places specifically 800 numbers. This has always worked and I got a ticket saying it's broke. I don't know when maybe after the upgrade from 5 to 6.0. I can still dial the speed call number that is programmed under the voicemail box so I know the speed call number works and the outside 800 numbers are not down. When you push option x to get transferred to this place you end up just coming back to the original voicemessage. The intresting thing is the other outside line a customer can get transferred to is down as well but the other internal numbers one can transfer to is fine. Nothing has changed with the setup or mailbox just the software upgrade as far as I know. any suggestions?

Thanks

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Calls not transffering out of VM
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »
Verify the the system speed dial number has "Override Toll Control" set to 'yes'.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 02:42:30 PM »
yes. I did change some items in the COR so maybe I blocked the vm ports from dialing out this is probably the case now that I think about it more.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »
Does anyone know how the following would work:
I checked COR there is none setup. I did however, find under VM Options there is a restrict numbers that begin with X and in my case it's 9. So my question is when you dial our 800 number hit option 3 this is really a voicemail box set to transfer only and this transfer only is pointed at a speed call number which has the actual number being 91800.....I did simply remove the 9 but when I called and tested by pushing option 3 I do hit the voicemail box behind option 3 as it Say's your are being transferred to X then it tells me that extension is not valid. Not sure what the deal is at this point.

Thanks

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 08:26:36 AM »
When using system speed calls the VM wouldn't know it's an outside call.

Is there a noticeable delay when you dial the speed call before the call goes out?
Are the VM ports in a different tenant than the trunks or using a different interconnect restriction?

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »
Ralph,

There is a delay if I just dial the speed call number #5600. To answer your other questions when I go to VM ports the interconnect number is 1 and the Tenant number is 1. If I look under IP/Xnet Trunk Profiles there is only one profile in there and the interconnect number is also a 1. I am not sure what else to cross reference for the interconnect number.

Thanks,

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 10:14:16 AM »
Ralph,

There is a delay if I just dial the speed call number #5600. To answer your other questions when I go to VM ports the interconnect number is 1 and the Tenant number is 1. If I look under IP/Xnet Trunk Profiles there is only one profile in there and the interconnect number is also a 1. I am not sure what else to cross reference for the interconnect number.

Thanks,
Just to confirm, your speed dials start with a #? If so, check your System Options. What is "Disable End of Dial Character (#)" set to?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »
It's set to NO.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »
Do your speed dials start with #?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 10:43:44 AM »
yes, it does. I just tested two scenarios one I replaced the 800 number and put an internal extension in it's place and the system did transfer me to my co-worker. Then I put my cell in it's place I used 9 1 plus area code and my number and it worked just fine.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
Does the delay go away if you dial #5600#?
I'm starting to think the VM is releasing the call prior to the call setup being finished.
Can you try a speed dial that doesn't have a # in it?

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
Ralph,

No, it doesn't. I finally broke down and called our phone vendor he spent almost tow hours on it and came up with nothing. We were able to create a work around by going into ARS and putting in the following stmt. digits dialed 9180..... sent it out Route 8 which is our local trunks instead of Route 1 which is our PRI. Now one would think this would mean the PRI has the issue but that doesn't make sense since I could alway's dial #5600 and it dial out to the 800 number.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 07:32:46 AM »
I wouldn't think this would be the case since you can make the speed call your mobile number, but try looking in Trunks->Digital->ISDN->ISDN Protocol and changing "Replace External CLID" to true. This option tells the system to send your BTN instead of the caller's CLID. I have seen where providers would shut the call down when calls were placed from your circuit with CLID that wasn't native to them.

Caution - this will drop all active calls so choose a time carefully.

Another thought, these 800 numbers are outside your system aren't they? The reason I ask is that I have seen people try to loop calls out to the PSTN and back to themselves. This may be blocked as well.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 09:37:13 AM »
Hi Mattmayn,

Thanks for the reply, the 800 numbers are out of our system and they don't route back to us there third party vendors. I did take a look at "replace external CLID" it's currently set to False. I will change this after hours and test....I just find it strange that this always worked and the only major thing I have done lately is upgrade software from 5 to 6. The tech from our vendor really wasn't much help as he couldn't figure it out and he spent two hours so I had to cut if off. I don't think your suggestion will work because I can dial the speed call #5602 and get to the 800 number just fine. However, when I call our main system and hit option 3 which is a voicemail box that is transferr only and it points to an extension number "#5602" then in system speed calls #5602 points to the actual 800 number. When I press option 3 it does tell me I am being transferred then it sends me back to the original queue like I just called the main line.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »
Here is what I am thinking if somoene could confirm or deny.

If I take the speed call number of #5602 and edit it and put in my cell phone which is long distance the call goes through. Now this LD call goes out a different PRI then the 800. I can dial #5602 directly from my set and it will go to the 800 just fine. There has to be some sort of blocking issue with voicemail ports or mailboxes transferring calls to an 800 number. I have no idea how to track this down if anyone has any suggestions? There is no COR on the path of this 800 number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10