Author Topic: Hunt Group Message Waiting Lights- Mitel 3300  (Read 10954 times)

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
Hunt Group Message Waiting Lights- Mitel 3300
« on: September 26, 2013, 09:29:08 AM »
Mitel 3300 - MCD 4. Is this possible ?
I have a hunt group will pilot number 4000. I then have 4 ext's in the group 4001 to 4004. Pilot number has voicemail. All works fine in that if an extension doesn't pick up then it reroutes to v/m. The voicemail message light then flashes on the ext that rung. I would like a button (using multiline set key assignment) on all the hunt groups members ext's that shows by illuminating that a message has been left. When I try (using message indicator or message waiting) it gives an error. Is it possible as the pilot number isn't an actual ext or is there another way of doing it ?

Secondly. With the hunt group member ext's, what if the users are away from their desk. What's the best way to deal with it. I don't know the Mitel terminology. Should they put call forward back to the pilot number (a quick test showed it didn't seem to work) or can they mark the phone as not being present or unavailable ?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:23:50 AM by ralph »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt Group - Voicemail on extensions in group
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »
Here's how to get a MWI for a hunt group of keys.
Before starting, clear all new voice mail messages out.
1) deleted the existing hunt group.
2) renumber the 1st member of the hunt group to be what was the hunt group pilot number.   This assumes that the pilot number was a DID.
3) create a new hunt group will all the members.   It doesn't matter what the pilot number is.
4) create a call rerouting 1st alt to go the the new pilot number.   Use "This" for all busy conditions and "last" for all no answer conditions.
5) In Call Rerouting form look up the newly renumbered member of the hunt group and assign the new 1st alt to it.  Then assign what ever 2nd alt points to VM.
6) add a MWI key to the phones that need to see the light for the key of the 1st member of the hunt group.
7)Test.

Ralph

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
All seems logical now it is written down... I'll give it a try - thank you.

Anyone able to help with my second query "Secondly. With the hunt group member ext's, what if the users are away from their desk. What's the best way to deal with it. I don't know the Mitel terminology. Should they put call forward back to the pilot number (a quick test showed it didn't seem to work) or can they mark the phone as not being present or unavailable so that it hunts another ext ?"

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »
Is it that you want the exten to forward to the hunt group someone else can take the users call?
You should be able to use the 1st alt rerouting to route on a busy to the hunt group pilot (not the 1st member you just created) and then add a DND key to the users phones.   This will route to the HG on a busy and when he walks away.

Ralph

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 09:55:08 AM »
Thanks again and the answer is yes that is exactly what we need to be able to do. The hunt group will be used to field external incoming calls like a small scale call centre. Will the DND key work for external calls as well as internal calls (just thought I had read somewhere DND was for internal only) ?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »
DND works for both internal and external.

Ralph

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 06:56:50 AM »
Thanks again. I have just tried trying your suggestion in your first reply for getting a MWI for a hunt group of keys. I can't get it working. I can get the call to voicemail but it's asking for an ext no so its not making it to the correct voicemail box. It's best I think if I start again. If possible please could you repost as if I was setting it up from scaratch. I will then delete everything I have done so far and start over. Thanks in advance.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:04:06 AM »
1) delete the existing hunt group.
2) remove the 1st button from all phones and re-program it as the DID extension.
3) create a new hunt group as a non-DID number.  Put ALL members in including the DID extension.
4) reroute the DID number to the hunt group on a busy and then RNA to VM.
5) program a MWI key for the DID number on the phones that need it.

Ralph

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »
I don't follow no 2 and just to check RNA = Recieved No Answer ?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »
RNA=Ring No Answer

Just to double check myself,  You have a group of keys programmed on a phone(s) that are in a hunt group.
for example,
  Key 1 = 1111
  key 2 = 2222
  key 3 = 3333
The Pilot number for the hunt group would be 4444.

Delete the hunt group 4444.
remove all key appearances of 1111 and replace with 4444
Create a new hunt group of 1111.
Using Call Rerouting 1st Alt form program to look like this:  "This  This   This  This  Last Last Last Last 1111"
Now in the Call rerouting second alt form be sure you know which one goes to VM  (usually 2)
Next in the Call rerouting assignment form assign your new 1st Alt to ext 4444 with the 2nd alt of 2.
Now put a MWI key on the phones for ext 4444.

Ralph

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »
Ahh, this is where the confusion might be - no that isn't what we have. We have 4 ext's 4001 to 4004 in a circular hunt group. 4000 is the pilot number which has a direct dial number pointing to it. All we are trying to do is program it such that if no one answers on any of the ext's in the hunt group it goes to a 'central' VM box. Then any one on any of the hunt group ext's can see if a VM has been left and access it using a MWI key on their ext.

There are no keys programmed on any of the ext's. The only key we would like to program is a MWI so that any of the ext's will know if a VM has been left when someone has left a VM after calling the hunt grup DDI.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
ah.
So what you need to do then is this:
Delete the existing hunt group.
Program a button on a phone that matches your DID.  I normally use a phantom extension for this so I can add as many phantom keys as I want.

Then create a new hunt group with a non DID number.
Via the call rerouting forms forward the DID (Phantom key) to your new hunt group on a always condition.
Now add the MWI key for the DID to your phones.

Ralph

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 10:39:53 AM »
Lovely - Thank you - All working. In the end to give more flexibility I have created a new DDI ext number again which has preprogrammed buttons to forward to the hunt group, or to voicemail or an overflow extension. If the call isn't picked up by default it goes back to VM of the new DDI ext which any ext can have a MWI button for. Thanks again.
PS- my earlier post about COS timers was related to this and yes it seems the original COS has ultimate control

Offline LeoAbse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »
I spoke to soon. It is almost working... To summarise I have created a new DDI ext number which has preprogrammed buttons to forward to a hunt group (the hunt group has 4 ext's), or to voicemail or an overflow extension. If the call isn't picked up by default the call goes back to VM of the DDI ext which any ext can have a MWI button for. So if for example I have the DDI ext on call forward to the hunt group all works well in that if i call the DDI for the DDI ext it call forwards to the hunt group and one of the hunt group ext's will ring and if not answered will go to VM and  so on. Using some spare mobile phones I made 4 simultaneous calls in so all four ext's were in use. When I then tried calling for a fifth time it just rang and rang. I tried adjusting the 1st alt that I created for it changing for both busy and no answer with Normal, This and Last. Seemed to have no affect. Can anyone think of where I need to look next ? Thanks
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:23:58 PM by LeoAbse »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt Group Message Waiting Lights- Mitel 3300
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »
When I then tried calling for a fifth time it just rang and rang.

The 5th call is camping on to the hunt group.   This has the affect of bypassing the call forwarding timers.
You may want to look at changing from a hunt group to a ring group and have all phones ring at same time.
Then you can get the call to fwd on a busy.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10