Author Topic: 3300cx call recording  (Read 3740 times)

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
3300cx call recording
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »
mcd 5.0..

small business..  PRI.. no separate VLANS.. no special phone setups.. two DIDs ring in,, one in group hits key system lines.. other goes to phones in a tenant programmed as multicalls..

i no nothing about how to do this or where to begin but..

dont know if i can post links here, please edit and sorry if not able too.. but wanted to know if this looks legitimate and if anyone has tried or know if it really works as advertised..

they are selling software that looks to just install on a server or workstation between the phone system and the data switch.. looks like install software and plug and play pretty much.. supposedly sniffs voice packets and records calls, etc.. might be a learning curve here but hopefully it comes w/ help and instructions..

or if anyone can offer something easier.. just trying to record calls going in and out on a few phones (all IP) nothing serious or anything

heres the link to that site..

http://www.telrex.com/solutions/voip-call-recording.php

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
Re: 3300cx call recording
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »
thanks for any help or suggestions

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 09:59:35 AM »
Two points

1). The Mitel encrypts voice packets so you would have to turn off encryption system wide to record a few phones if you don't buy a SRC.
2). The embedded voicemail can be used to record calls on phones as can a Nupoint voicemail system.

If you are interested in using the embedded VM suggest you check the help files on the MCD

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:10 AM »
hmm thanks !!

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 05:15:15 PM »
the embedded seems to be serving the purpose.. thanks again

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »
I have the Telrex solution at one site.
As mentioned you will need to disable voice encryption if not using SRC.
My setup was quite simple. Mirror all the phone ports(src) to the port (dst) that will be connected to the server doing the recording.
Every switch will handle this differently.

Don't remember a lot about the install but it wasn't very difficult going by memory.

We did try the embedded VM with forward to email but the client normally handles about 2000 calls a day on average and more on the weekends.
It wasn't as reliable.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 07:33:02 AM »
There are other solutions that would allow you to record from the PRI side instead of the IP side if you would prefer that. Oaisys is a good solution, not sure how comparable the price point is to the solution you are asking about.

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
man if we ever start getting that many calls on the two phones that are set up to record, well dont want to think about that !! sounds like a promising product though, appreciate the information sarond

thanks mattmayn  :)

Offline allan956

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »
Hi! I’m a solutions engineer for Enghouse Interactive, the makers of the call recording product that you’re discussing, and I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have or arrange for a product demonstration. Also, here is a sampling of Mitel customers who have successfully implemented our Call Recording solution: http://www.telrex.com/integrations/mitel-call-recording-success.php

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10