Author Topic: Find out underlying number for ACD Path  (Read 2292 times)

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
Find out underlying number for ACD Path
« on: September 16, 2013, 01:38:08 PM »
Hi,

As usual I have an obscure request.  I would like to know how I can find out the full number from an ACD path. 

So we have an ACD path, say 1315.  This is in the directory as Customer Service.  How does this number translate into the incoming dialled number

Incoming number (e.g 0207 100 7000) - ACD Path 1315 - ACD skill group.

Thanks for your help as always!
Andy

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Find out underlying number for ACD Path
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
I think you'll have to contact your carrier to have them tell you what your DID (or DNIS) block is.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:52:34 AM »
The carrier or provider of your trunks will send some combination of digits to your system when 0207 100 7000 is called. Typically there is some kind of direct mapping between the called number and the final extension number ( x1315 ) but the carriers can send digits that don't match the called number.

So if your number is 0207 100 7000 I would expect the carrier to provide 7000 or 07000 or 007000 or 100 7000 on your PRI's when the number is called ( You then absorb anything above 4 digits to match your numbering range ). I would check in the system speed dial form for a speed dial that dials 1315. This is the most common way of manipulating received digits to an internal number when you don't have an exact match. You might even find a speed dial 7000 that dials 1315. However as I said carriers can provide other digits then something that is part of the called number. In this case you might receive the 1315 digits when the number is called.

If you have some sort of CCM software for your ACD you might be able to look at the SMDR logs of calls directed to 1315 and use them to determine what the carrier is sending. 

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »
UK will deliver between 3 and 6 traing digits on ISDN and all of the including the 44 if SIP trunks. In Trunk descriptor ther is an "absord Digit" field which will be set to show how any digits are being absrbed by the system which then leaves you with the number of digits being used by the system For intance on  BRI you might be sent 6 digits (default for BT) and the system is absorbing 2 so using 4 digits to route the call. Search for these 4 digits in system speed calls and you will see that they match DN's on the system. With SIP it tends to be all the digits sent and the system absorbs 8 so leaving the 4 digits to route.

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »
Thanks for all of the good answers guys, really appreciate the help.

Lots of the info was retrieved from Speed calls/dials so thanks for that information chaps, it has helped massively and enabled me to work my way through this messy system.  I have a Tel DIr that has different names for the same numbers, just to add confusion to the mix!!

Thanks again,
Andy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10