Author Topic: Can you alter hunt group members via handset?  (Read 8019 times)

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Can you alter hunt group members via handset?
« on: September 13, 2013, 05:44:54 AM »
Everyday the sales department hunt group order changes and I wondered if there was a way that instead of us using the programming to change the order each time, they could dial into the hunt group and remove all extensions, then add in the ones they wanted, in the order they wanted?  Or if anyone knows of any other solutions which would allow the end user to manipulate one hunt group then I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Sam

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Can you alter hunt group members via handset?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:00:54 AM »
Depending on the size of the HG, this might be a possibility:
1. Build a HG for every scheme they might use.  Actually pretty easy, use the copy/paste function to make multiple copies of the one group and then go into each and drag the members to the order you want.
2. Build a phantom extension.
3. Change whatever currently sends calls to the HG to instead send calls to the phantom.
4. Use REMOTE PROGRAMMING from any phone to manually forward phantom to the desired HG as needed.  We'll say phantom is ext 123 and HG for today is 222...you'd dial 359 (remote programming), 123 (phantom), 123# (passcode), 355 (FWD ALL CALLS), 222 (destination).  All these strokes could actually be placed under a sta spd dial if desired, may need to use shorter numbers for phantom, hunt and feature codes to get below 16-digit max.
5. If the 5000 is a late version you can also use the CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT to do this by interacting with voice prompts; this can also work from outside the building.

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:22:23 AM »
Thanks for the possible solution but the amount of variations would mean that this unfortunately isnt viable (havent worked it out but it would span into the hundreds).  But I am impressed at your answer !

Thanks again

Sam

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 10:11:12 AM »
Another option: Hot Desking
Build the HG using only Hot Desk extensions, for example 13000-13099.  Each user logs in based on where he wants to be in the order today: if I'm number 3 today I log in as 13003, if I'm number 12 tomorrow I log in as 13012.

Or could do something similar with ACD Agent IDs.

By the way, even if bit were possible to change order via key presses at a desk set it would be a nightmare to use...you couldn't see the list so trying to get it right would be tough

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
Thanks for your help on this but i think that its going to be a no go. Your right, it would be a nightmare getting the order correct and I'm just trying to give them the ability to make the change.  Hey ho...looks like i'll have to continue to do it myself. :-)

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »
Use Agent IDs.

Create as many Agent IDs as are needed; set the hunt group to ring the agents in linear order. The supervisor assigns the Agent IDs as desired.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »
Agree with DND, ACD Group with agents set to ring in Linear order.

So if you are supposed to be second in the queue to answer calls you would log into the ACD group by dialling 326 then using for example Agent ID 1002, 2 denoting second in the queue.

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 08:37:31 AM »
Thanks for this idea of the ACD groups and members, I just dont seem to understand how a sales person is assigned an agent id.  Does it correspond to the members list or the agents list?  or does it have something to do with the key combination after the #376?  I think this might work, but as yet I dont fully understand it.  I have a test hunt group setup with agents and a few test members and its set as an ACD hunt group but i think i'm missing something.  Thanks for all the help so far btw...

Sam

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 08:55:41 AM »
Answered my own question...needed the "Use ACD Agent ID's" option turned on...now I can see how each agent assigns themselves to the correct agent :-)  Time to test !

Thanks

Sam

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »
all seems to be working so far, but I have a final few questions....how can I confirm that the order is correct? is there a report or view that I can see that will show this?  Also, as this will change on a daily basis, other than logging out at the end or each day, is there an automated way logging users off with nightmode or at a certain time?.

Thanks again...

Sam

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 11:46:06 AM »
Think you will need Mitel Customer Services Manager to do auto log outs at specific times.

You would also need Mitel CSM to run ACD Agent status reports.

Offline sedwardson

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »
Thanks NTed, just to conclude, you were right regarding what I needed, however, we dont have the licences!  Thanks for all your help on this.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »
If you've been using DB Programming to move members around be sure to try out the admin programming now available in AWS sessions...much cleaner, faster and harder for novice user to make mistakes.  If a USER has admin rights you'll see those options when he logs into web interface.

Also, if the ACD login sounded like a good solution but you don't have licenses you could accomplish almost the same thing by using HOT DESK users in the HG and having them log in in proper order.  This would function fine, but if you're doing any reporting it will be a nightmare to track.  Remember that the phones still keep their native ext as well, so I can still call a user direct using the ext of the phone, only HG calls would use the HD ext.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »
ACD isn't a licensed feature on the 5000 so no issues there!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »
ACD isn't a licensed feature on the 5000 so no issues there!

Huh?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10