Author Topic: voicemail when forwarding  (Read 1661 times)

Offline khstechsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
voicemail when forwarding
« on: September 10, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »
When we forward a phone (5320,5330) if the call goes to voicemail you get the vm of the # you called not the # the phone is forwarded to. Is that based on a system setting, or is there no way to send the call to the forwarded vm?

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
Re: voicemail when forwarding
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:06:06 AM »
you mean if you forward 2000 to 3000 when you reach the voicemail it goes to 2000's voicemail? If this is it then its a funny one. In older software it worked the way you wanted it ( it would reach 3000's vocieamail ) and everyone bitched so Mitel changes it to what it does today ( goes to 2000's voicemail ). Now every so often you still get people who want it the old way ( you ). Not a solution to your problem just amusing myself.

Anyway this is design intent. The reason is you can forward your phone to someone elses to give the caller another option for answer but if it doesn't get answered it goes to your voicemail box. ( After all they called you not the person you forwarded to ). Trying to remember how to shake the integration. Will have to check.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:16:49 AM »
Yes, that's the way it's designed.   I can never remember it being different.

You didn't mention what VM you have so I'll assume embedded.

It is possible to forward to an ACD path of *3000 and then interflow to VM.  (I think it's '*', might be '#') 
The trick is to queue the call to the ACD path for 1 second before interflowing or else it will still go into mailbox 2000.

Ralph

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:01 AM »
Way back in something like release 3 or 4 it worked the other way. Think even the 2K worked the other way in older software. Anyway like Ralph says thats the way it works now and thats what you have to deal with.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10