Author Topic: voicemail when forwarding  (Read 1756 times)

Offline khstechsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
voicemail when forwarding
« on: September 10, 2013, 01:38:16 PM »
When we forward a phone (5320,5330) if the call goes to voicemail you get the vm of the # you called not the # the phone is forwarded to. Is that based on a system setting, or is there no way to send the call to the forwarded vm?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: voicemail when forwarding
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »
That is intentional...if I'm not available and the call forwards to my assistant who doesn't answer, normally MY voicemail would be the desired destination, not his.
That said, easy solution: create a new CALL ROUTING APPLICATION (in voice processor/devices/applications). Set the TIME OUT destination to be the desired mailbox.  Build a new SYSTEM FORWARDING PATH (Phone-related information/system forwarding) using my backup person as FORWARDING POINT 1, new CRA as FORWARDING POINT 2.  Choose this new path as the SYS FWD path within my extension (replacing old path) and set all the flags appropriately, based on your wishes.

Two more tips: Use a CRA ANY time you need to break the logical connection between what happened before and what happens next.  And if you ever need a longer NO ANSWER time  for forwarding on a single station (timer is global) just build a new SYS FWD path where my station or my assistant appears in the path (call rings me, then enters fwd path where it rings me again and again before VM, for instance).

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: voicemail when forwarding
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
The normal behavior for a manually forwarded phone is that it never goes to anyone’s voice mail. Manual forwarding negates any system forwarding, and the call just rings until answered.  Except, of course, when forwarding to a hunt group or CRA.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10