Author Topic: Mitel 3300 skill groups - change by shift times (day, night1, night 2)  (Read 2796 times)

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
Is it possible to change skill groups based on shift times, i.e change when in night mode, then change back when in day?

Cheers,
Andy
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:11:40 AM by ralph »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: skill groups - change by shift times (day, night1, night 2)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:50 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your question.
What exactly do you want to change in the skill group?   Do you want a different group handling a path for day and night?

If you want different skill groups answering the phones based on day/night1/night2 then you'll need to reroute to different paths.

Ralph

Offline CitySlacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:39:55 AM »
Thanks Ralph, its a lack of thought on my side.  Client management have different staff on shifts throughout the week, so just looking at options on how the skill groups can be applied. 

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
You can put the same agent groups in multiple paths so that should allow you to create a number of options for call handling that can be used at various times of  the day. That would allow you to redirect calls to different paths to allow a different configuration using night1/night2/day.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 skill groups - change by shift times (day, night1, night 2)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
I have a customer who is using a modem connected to an analog port to send various call forwarding conditions depending on time of day

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
I have a customer who is using a modem connected to an analog port to send various call forwarding conditions depending on time of day

Interesting.   Back in the 2k days I frequently had customers asking for something similar.   I got together with a programmer friend and began putting together a special app that used a modem to do remote DND and Call Forwarding.   It was pretty slick.  You could add events based on day of week and time.  On/Off etc.   I was in the office after hours on my own time testing it when the VP of our data group saw me.  He reported to the president that I was working on our data network.  I was called on the carpet.   I explained what I was doing and was told that if I continued I would be fired.  Project died there.  I still resent that event.  From then on anytime anyone had a need for that type of thing I basically told them they were screwed.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 06:40:11 PM »
Interesting.   Back in the 2k days I frequently had customers asking for something similar.   I got together with a programmer friend and began putting together a special app that used a modem to do remote DND and Call Forwarding

This would have been great. Something like it should be incorporated to the current scheduler. It likely wouldn't be hard to do this with Mitai. Something like sipcli might work also.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:05:27 PM by johnp »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10